General Discussion Race Reports! » 25th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

25th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run - Run3 Mile

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Norco,
United States
New Orleans Track Club (NOTC)
90F / 32C
Overcast
Total Time = 34m 15s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Stayed up till 1am on the back patio with the neighbors. Genius, I am. Showered to wake myself up and made the 30 min drive to the spillway.
Event warmup:

Slow jog back and forth (.25 mile) to my truck to drop off my race t-shirt.
Run
  • 34m 15s
  • 3 miles
  • 11m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

Such a fun race. The first section on the levee, just over a mile, is just blah, but when it turns down into the bayou that's when it gets good! We've had a lot of rain lately, which really helps add to the challenge. After getting through the mud holes, it was pretty much just follow the person in front of you. There's not much room for passing, but every now and then I would sneak around the person in front of me if they were going to slow. I got a passed a few times as well.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I hadn't run in 7 weeks before this run because of an achilles tendon injury, so I didn't have high hopes. Just ran it for the experience.
Post race
Event comments:

As usual, NOTC put on another great after-part. Hot dogs, red beans and rice, fruit, sno-balls, beer... I'm so glad to be back in NOLA and getting back to the races here!

Last updated: 2012-07-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:34:15 | 03 miles | 11m 25s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Average
Course: About the first mile is along the dirt road-style levee. Lots of pottholes and uneven surfaces. Then a sharp left turn down the levee and into the bayou. The first obstacle is basically a big mud pit. Because of all the rain lately, it was almost waist-deep full of the blackest, smelliest, most slimy mud I've seen. So much fun! There are a few more mud holes after that, then it evens out into more of a traditional trail run.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2012-07-18 11:19 AM

User image

Expert
New Orleans
Subject: 25th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 25th Annual Spillway Classic Trail Run Rss Feed