General Discussion Triathlon Talk » best sport wash/detergent? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2013-12-30 12:17 PM
in reply to: BoobieDr

User image

Subject: RE: best sport wash/detergent?
I have a stick dryer in the laundry room that I hang up the workout clothes as soon as I come back. They don't get crumpled up and allowed to grow stuff that way.

Tide with Fabreeze works like a charm to keep them funk-free.

2013-12-31 2:28 AM

User image

The 951
Rinse your clothes out first, wring, then hang dry. Don't leave them sweaty or they will stink.
2013-12-31 8:55 AM
in reply to: brucemorgan

User image

Extreme Veteran
Traverse City, MI

Vinegar works great.  Just pour some in the laundry when you're washing.  I use a cup for a full load. 

Anything with febreze or chemical smell like it irritates my skin and lungs.  I choose to go the more natural route, and a gallon of white vinegar goes for about $1.50 at the grocery store.

2014-01-17 10:09 AM

New user

2014-03-09 8:14 PM

SWEAT-X!!! Never thought I'd switch to a sport specific detergent, but this one has it all... Uses an all-natural formula that doesn't irritate eczema, actually costs less per load than my old detergent, kills bacteria, AND IT WORKS! I use it on all our sweaty gear... They also have an odor removal spray that works wonders on items you can't throw in the washer (ex: bike seat, shoes, etc.). www.renegadebrands.com is where you can find it and I believe the code SWX777 will get you 5% off
2014-03-09 8:27 PM
in reply to: agarose2000

User image

Originally posted by agarose2000

1. Rinse heavily used apparel immediately after use to get most of the live bacteria off. The bacteria (from your skin and sweat) are the cause of the odor, and after enough use, they'll form a microfilm that either allows them to survive a lot longer than they should, and/or grow much more rapidly even after they're removed. This accounts for most 'stench.' I do this in my shower, and hang it on a small hook in the shower until it stops dripping.

2. Air dry your rinsed apparel, immediately.

If you rinse out clothes I recommend putting them on your washers spin setting, or putting them in a dedicated salad spinner. It gets a ton of the moisture out and makes things dry way faster.

2014-03-09 8:37 PM
in reply to: #4318917

Spring/Woodlands Area
I also use Charlies soap. We order the huge bucket online and it lasts forever. No smell, fine for HE, and relatively inexpensive. We use that with occasionally some white vinegar, borax, or (rarely) bleach, and it has handled everything with no problem. It's also pretty good for sensitive skin.
2014-03-09 8:51 PM
in reply to: apglave

User image

Extreme Veteran
NW Arkansas
Lots of good suggestions. Vinegar works well and really seems to be the cheapest solution. Tide w Febreze is what my wife likes and it works well.

For a while now I have just rinsed my gear in the shower and then hang it to let dry before putting in the laundry basket. This seems to be the biggest help for my gear.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » best sport wash/detergent? Rss Feed  

of 2