Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Why ex's are ex's... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-09 6:32 PM

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
Subject: Why ex's are ex's...

Holy cow!  I just got off the phone with my ex... again!  What the hell did I ever see in that guy and why the **** did I stay with him for 10 years?!

Of course, you may ask why I'm still taking his phone calls.  Or even, why he's still calling me.   It's a long story involving a car I bought when we were together, which I'm still paying on, but he drives and pays me for.  

Anyway... the latest BS is that the car insurance has to be renewed.  Somehow he got it in his head that I'm the one who has to deal with it this time, although I have NEVER dealt with the insurance on this car, even when I was the one driving it.  He gives me the wrong telephone number to call.  Fortunately, I'm smarter than I used to be, and figured out the correct phone number to call.

I talked with the very nice woman in the broker's office, who shared with me her utter hatred of my ex as a customer and how she dreads his phone calls or visits.  I can't believe I lived 10 years with a man who treats people like that.  Honestly, I'm so ashamed of myself.

So, anyway, back to my story.  I sorted it out with her and the renewal will take effect next week, on time.  I got the amt due info and her name and all the other relevant info.  I hung up with her, and not 5 minutes later, as I'm typing up the email to my ex (yes, I prefer to email him rather than phone... why do you ask?), he calls.  Thinking it's my BF Eric, who has also tried to call me while I was on the phone and sent me an "are you there?" email... I was wrong.  It was my ex.

He tried to argue with me about the amt due info.  Then he says, "I was just on the phone with the insurance people because I didn't think you'd take care of properly."  Arrrggg!   I rattle off the info again, and say, "Listen, if you were going to call them, why did you insist that I call them?  And why do you have to be such a jerk to that woman there?  WTH is wrong with you?"  Yes, I admit I lost my temper.  He's now going to call her back to clarify the amt due. 

Shit.  I hope I don't get her into trouble.  She was nice and helpful, and I was the one who started the bad-mouthing of my ex.  Yes, I agree that proper customer service behavior dictates that you NEVER badmouth the customer, but DAMN... he really is an ass.

Anyway... just a rant.  Feel free to share stories of ex's you're glad to be free of. 

2006-06-09 6:38 PM
in reply to: #449499

Sydney Australia
Subject:
2006-06-09 6:59 PM
in reply to: #449507

User image

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County
Subject: RE: Why ex's are ex's...
- 2006-06-09 3:38 PM

I'm supre embrassed of on ex I had when I was really young. it still haunts me. Some people at work know him and he's SUCH a looser.

Doesn't matter if you loose your temper, what is he going to do? Break up with you. WHY re you still doing this car business, isn't it worth your mental health to be ride of it all?

I'm ashamed for losing my temper because I'm better than that.  And even after all this time, he finds a way to push my buttons.

As to why I deal with the car stuff... the loan is in my name, and thus the registration is in my name, and only in my name.  Getting him to take over the loan has been a whole 'nother migraine/ulcer combo.  He's one of those people who always has an excuse.  Or a plan (that never quite materializes).

Taking the car back and making the payments myself is also an option, but not a very pleasant one financially.   But that's not to say I haven't threatened to do just that, several times.  And it's still an option, but there's only 10 payments left and then I'll sign the lemon car over to him and be done with it once and for all.

Also... what kind of person, at 35, doesn't have a checking account?   

2006-06-09 7:19 PM

User image

Supersonicus Idioticus
Thunder Bay, ON
Just think.... trial by error.

Actually, you forgot one of the rules of a sour breakup... to sever all contacts. But there's nothing you can do about the repetetive phoning. Sorry to hear that.
2006-06-09 7:40 PM

User image

Expert
Medina, MN
I think you need caller ID. It's about $5.00 a month, and in your case, it would be well worth every penny.

-Matt
2006-06-10 12:44 PM
in reply to: #449542

Elite
Laurium, MI

i'd take the car back and sell it.  You might lose a little on the deal, but it might be worth it.  You could probably even use it as a trade in for a new car and wind up coming out pretty well, especially if you have a current car to sell/replace.  Either that or tell him to take out a loan or line of credit to buy it outright off of you.  I have never seen an arangment like that working out.  It always ends bad.  Carrying around financial liability like that for a jerk of an ex is just asking for trouble.  If he decides to stop paying, you really have no recourse besides small claims court.

2006-06-10 5:50 PM

User image

Elite
Bay Area, CA

At least you didn't have kids with him.

The specialness of my weekend consisted of picking up my son last night from ex's house.  Then I was talking to my son, and asked him if he remembered his swimsuit, as we might end up swimming on Saturday (after the Tri-for-Fun.)

He said no.

We went back for him to get his swimsuit.

The ex (and his lovely wife) told my son he couldn't get his swimsuit, because swimsuits are "special clothes."  I just want to know what is so "special" about his swimsuit that it can't be actually used for *gasp* swimming.

So, on my way home last night I had to stop and buy my son a swimsuit, so I can be special too. 

Madkat, I just want you to realize how special it was that you saw my son in his brand new swimsuit on Saturday. 

And, then, after all that specialness, he didn't even get wet.  I should have pushed him in or something.

10 more car payments - I only wish.  I love my kids, but sometimes...

2006-06-10 8:18 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2006-06-10 8:42 PM
in reply to: #450040

2006-06-11 7:19 AM
in reply to: #450055

COURT JESTER
ROCKFORD, IL
Zilla - 2006-06-10 7:42 PM

Lara - 2006-06-10 7:18 PM i propose an ex burning party..  instead of burning pictures like we did in high school and college we just burn our ex's    

I am soooooo in!!!! 

With those two posts....THE CLAWS ARE OFFICAILLY OUT!!!!

2006-06-11 12:54 PM
in reply to: #449518

Master
Sonoma County, CA
madkat - 2006-06-09 3:59 PM

Also... what kind of person, at 35, doesn't have a checking account?

Oh, Madkat, oh madkat. I can go you one better.....what kind of a person, at 43! doesn't have a checking account, owes over 50k to the IRS b/c he hasn't filed tax returns in over six years, ignores letters from the IRS for EIGHT MONTHS telling him if doesn't set up payment arrangements they will garnish his wages and then acts SHOCKED and justifiably OUTRAGED when they do, leaving him a net income of $342 dollars a month.

This is the same man, who kept all of this from me and decided to share with me in the checkout line at the supermarket on our first day of vacation when I turned to him to pay for the groceries, an easy request I figured since I paid for the CONDO, the GAS and everything else associated with the trip, which we agreed would be 50/50 and said "I don't have any money." As I hadn't budgeted for it, I ended up paying for the WHOLE VACATION. And then he couldn't understand why I wasn't "in the mood". I think one of his direct quotes was "Gee, why are you so angry?"

Ahhh, good times, good times. Just another day in paradise.

2006-06-11 1:34 PM

2006-06-11 3:02 PM
in reply to: #450346

Expert
South Bend, IN
I have a son with my ex, and he is so cool. I love him to death, and he can be so fun sometimes. On the other hand, I do have fantasies of my ex sliding her car into a gas hauling tanker truck, and tasting her own blood right before it explodes. I am sorry, was that out loud?
2006-06-11 3:16 PM

Veteran

Ahhh yes.... exes.  My most recent ex had a talent for saying obnoxious things.

Some of the classics...

From your basic, "Wow, if you didn't work out so much you would be really fat" said while eating dinner. 

To the Mack Daddy comment, said as I was deciding to undergo genetic testing to determine if I have the breast cancer gene, which if positive would lead to a double masectomy with reconstruction: 

"I don't understand why you would want to do that.  They won't look right.  It isn't like you will have stripper quality boobs or anything." 

2006-06-11 3:45 PM

Pro
Helena, MT

Madkat, you sound about one small stroke of bad luck away from being called stupid by Judge Judy. Seriously. Take back the car and sell it or make him take over the payments officially once and for all.

I've had some bad exes, but fortunately, I didn't have any entanglements with any of them so when I was done, I could just.... walk.... away. PHEW! My sister recently had to deal with an ex stealing her identity to get credit to buy a huge plasma TV. Then he decided to just stop paying. This is all a felony of course, but the cops and Dell just decided to forgive the whole situation. Meanwhile, my sister's still trying to clean the incident off her credit. :-P Ugh.

2006-06-11 4:24 PM
in reply to: #450384

2006-06-11 5:41 PM
in reply to: #450406

Expert
South Bend, IN
Lara - 2006-06-11 4:24 PM

I do have fantasies of my ex sliding her car into a gas hauling tanker truck, and tasting her own blood right before it explodes. I am sorry, was that out loud?

bawhaaaaaaaaaaa..  only if one or two of my ex's are in the vehicle with her

She has a dodge durango with third row seating!!!!!!!

2006-06-11 5:54 PM
in reply to: #450447

Champion
Beautiful Sonoma County

She has a dodge durango with third row seating!!!!!!!

They would all fit! 

2006-06-11 6:24 PM
in reply to: #450458

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Why ex's are ex's... Rss Feed