Rocori Booster Club
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 53m 17s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 3/6
Pre-race routine:

A little cereal, banana, a shot bloc I found in the car. Not much. Mistakenly took a full dose of my medication but don't think it affected me too much. No great hopes for the race except to play with pace. Got there about 45 min early, talked to friends, bathroom x 2.
Event warmup:

None
Run
  • 53m 17s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 08m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Felt good. Tried to negative split and didn't do too badly with that. "Reeled" in a few people on the course which was fun. Only walked one water station after the mile 4 hill. Started pushing a little more after mile 5. I was pretty tired by the time I got close to the finish but managed to kick it in, esp when I saw I was going to PR.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. This was a last minute training race to see how well I could pace myself before my HIM. I'm pleased I did so well.

one of my best mental efforts. Kept positive thoughts like I feel good, I can reel her in, steady on, etc.
Post race
Warm down:

Did a short cool down run. Ate a donut and a banana and had 2 bottles of water, waited for the awards.

Event comments:

Good post race food from Cold Spring Bakery. The "gun" was someone who said go--no count down or anything! The announcer was kind of slow with the awards. Ugly grey shirts that were male-sized so small is too big for me. But the medal engraved with race name, age group, and place. It's actually "bronze" too--nice.

Last updated: 2012-07-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:53:17 | 06.21 miles | 08m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/6
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Runkeeper got started a little late but... Mile 1: 9:10--some elevation Mile 2: 8:48--little elevation Mile 3: 8:54--little elevation Mile 4: 9:12-downhill Mile 5: 8:43--no elevation Mile 6: 7: 56-- i think that's the fastest I've ever run a mile. Downhill
Course: A couple of small hills(hardest was around mile 4) but mostly flat otherwise. Nice roads, no traffic at all once off CR 50. Really nice race. 2 water stations (=4).
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes