General Discussion Race Reports! » UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon - TriathlonMini Sprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
United States
Set Up Events
89F / 32C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 31m 49s
Overall Rank = 113/125
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 17/18
Event warmup:

Half a lap in the pool. Sat around and chatted with others since I had to wait hour and a half for my swim.
Swim
  • 08m 56s
  • 250 yards
  • 03m 34s / 100 yards
Comments:

I suck at swimming and need more practice. I only have less then three weeks of swimming and have never had a lesson. The pool was full of people who put wrong swim times down so I had big burly men passing me, kicking me, swimming over me ect. One guy was 8 and a half feet tall and was doing dolphin dives creating big waves and took up most of the lane doing it. I didnt feel comfortable doing anything but side stroke or skipping along the bottom LOL
What would you do differently?:

I need more practice and learning how to breathe. I was scared of getting taken down and there were waayy to many people in the pool.
Transition 1
  • 02m 56s
Comments:

I had to carry Cith through the MUD!! yep it had rained and the bike start was OVER a grassy area before you hit pavement. Red thick mud and I am sooo glad I dont do riding with shoes already clicked in as I would of had muddy feet and muddy socks! total mess! It was hard to click in with the wads of mud on my cleats.

Need to work on getting faster..I believe this is faster then my first time I ever did this so this is my second swim to bike since my second race I did the bike and run only and Brownie did the swim. I forgot to have my cycling glasses out and ready!! DUH!!
Bike
  • 37m 56s
  • 9 miles
  • 14.24 mile/hr
Comments:

We have NO HILLS here at the beach. The hills kicked my ass and left me huffing and puffing and wanting to quit!! I wish we had hills to train on! Pretty happy with my ride considering it was hilly and I came in 85/125 people overall!

I need hills!!
Transition 2
  • 02m 24s
Comments:

Going through the mud AGAIN sucked and made things go slow. This time I rolled Cith through the mud since I was pretty worn out!

Just need practice!
Run
  • 39m 39s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 12m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Horrible run! I really wish we could use headphones during the run!! not being able to listen to music kills my breathing and my cadence. Brownie met me towards the end and helped me move along a bit and then I had a sprint finish.

Once again the hills KILLED ME! we have zero hills here! I have shin splints this morning from baby stepping up them!!
Post race
Warm down:

Got to take a nice cold shower under a pop up tent! they had HORRIBLE after event food! browning banans, oranges and cut up old bagels...YUCK. Glad I had my chocolate milk with me.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Heat/hills/humidity the three Hs LOL

Event comments:

I walked up to the massage table and told they were closed. The race was still going on. I walked by it again to check my times and they had two people on the tables...one was NOT even a racer and the other was a man who was not around when I tried to get one. PISS POOR!!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2012-07-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:08:56 | 250 yards | 03m 34s / 100yards
Age Group: 18/18
Overall: 124/125
Performance: Bad
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Inside Pool Plus: Time Trial
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Bad
Breathing: Bad Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:56
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed: Good
Biking
00:37:56 | 09 miles | 14.24 mile/hr
Age Group: 16/18
Overall: 85/125
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course:
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Bad
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 02:24
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:39:39 | 03.1 miles | 12m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 17/18
Overall: 117/125
Performance: Bad
Course: HORRIBLE UP HILLS!!!
Keeping cool Bad Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Bad
Race evaluation [1-5] 2

{postbutton}
2012-07-30 10:47 AM

User image

Subject: UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon

2012-08-01 4:41 PM
in reply to: #4337173

User image

Elite
N Carolina
Subject: RE: UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon
Sorry to hear about your race.  I really enjoyed this event a couple of years ago.  Better luck next time!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » UNC Wellness Super Sprint Triathlon Rss Feed