General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf compression while racing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-30 12:17 PM

User image

Regular
Chicago
Subject: Calf compression while racing

For much of my run training I have been using compression sleeves to help with some calf/shin splint issues (already done work with doctors/sports med people to check everything out). I use a kind that I have to strap around my leg with velcro, but I want to get something I can race with.

Is there a particular brand (I know 2XU and Zoot make some) or particular materials (nylon, spandex, etc.) that I should be looking for in compression sleeves that I can wear under my wetsuit so I dont have to put them on in T1 or T2?

Thank you!

2012-07-30 2:14 PM
in reply to: #4337412

User image

Extreme Veteran
Rochester, NY
Subject: RE: Calf compression while racing
lionfan37 - 2012-07-30 1:17 PM

For much of my run training I have been using compression sleeves to help with some calf/shin splint issues (already done work with doctors/sports med people to check everything out). I use a kind that I have to strap around my leg with velcro, but I want to get something I can race with.

Is there a particular brand (I know 2XU and Zoot make some) or particular materials (nylon, spandex, etc.) that I should be looking for in compression sleeves that I can wear under my wetsuit so I dont have to put them on in T1 or T2?

Thank you!

I've used CEP compression sleeves for my HIM this year and it seemed to work out well.  I didn't want to test it though on my first IM this past weekend.  Though I did put them on in T2 for the run, just didn't swim or bike in them this time around.  Next IM I'll probably wear them all race long.

2012-07-30 2:16 PM

User image

Veteran
South dakota
i like zoot personaly, they are more tight than the 2xu pair i have.
2012-07-30 2:32 PM

New user

Orlando

x2 on Zoot.  They were the first pair that I purchased and haven't found another pair that I like as much.  I bought the CompressRX version which are a little pricey but the graduated compression, for me, works very well.

I use them during and after runs of 6+ miles.

2012-07-30 2:40 PM

User image

Veteran
Salt Lake City
I wore my CEP compression sleeves this weekend during an oly.  The wetsuit went over them just fine, and came off just fine - the sleeves didn't budge.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Calf compression while racing Rss Feed