General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS in Bethany Beach Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-03 8:19 PM

Subject: OWS in Bethany Beach Area

I will be in South Bethany the week of August 11.  Are there any OWS swim groups anywhere in the Bethany/Rehoboth/OC areas?  I was thinking of swimming from the end of South Bethany Beach to Bethany or Sea Colony area and walking back.

Thanks!

2012-08-09 8:33 AM
in reply to: #4346427

Carmel, New York
Subject: RE: OWS in Bethany Beach Area

I'll be vacationing there that same week.  I'd be up for some swimming - let me know if you're interested. 

2012-08-09 7:33 PM

Cool!  Yes, I would love to have someone to swim with.  I am totally new to tris and OWS.  I swam in the ocean my whole life but not distance swimming.  More like floating among the waves and riding waves. 

I want to challenge myself to at least a mile and a half OWS.  I am doing a long course tri next month and need to give OWS a shot even though the tri will be a lake swim.

Where are you staying?  We are will be in South Bethany, which is about two miles south of Sea Colony right at the border of Fenwick Island National Seashore. 

Let me know what works.  Thanks for responding.

2012-08-10 7:53 PM
in reply to: #4356115

Carmel, New York

I'll be at Sea Colony starting on Saturday.  I will try to PM you with contact info.

2012-09-02 8:02 PM

San Diego, California

Hi Guys-

For both of you... I have been living in the Lewes/Rehoboth Beach area for about a year now, and there are great resources and a group of people who are very active with running, swimming, biking, and tris in general.

There is a group (me included) that do an OWS at Rehoboth beach every Friday during the summer, and a smaller group that do an OWS in Delaware Bay (very calm, little current, and warm usually; may be good for a first OWS) at Lewes Beach on Wednesday mornings.  On Wednesday some people do a full tri and just bring their bikes and shoes- it varies per week....

Let me know if you are interested and I can give you some more details!  I hope to hear from you- regardless it is a nice area for an OWS...

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » OWS in Bethany Beach Area Rss Feed