Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Unbiased Candidate Spec Sheet - Does it exist? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-13 3:08 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: True Unbiased Candidate Spec Sheet - Does it exist?
I know someone who is truly an independent issue based voter. I know these are really few and far between, but I am trying to help her get informed and make the decision she feels most comfortable with. I don't want to influence her with my own bias, I just want to lay the issues out for her and show her where each candidate stands on them.

That being said, where should I send her? What sites out there provide what she is looking for?

Thanks in advance

2012-08-13 3:44 PM
in reply to: #4361171

User image

Master
Denver
Subject: RE: True Unbiased Candidate Spec Sheet - Does it exist?

http://www.procon.org/

Not the end-all-and-be-all (I think that's the saying, right?), but a good place to start.

2012-08-13 4:00 PM
in reply to: #4361257

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
drewb8 - 2012-08-13 3:44 PM

http://www.procon.org/

Not the end-all-and-be-all (I think that's the saying, right?), but a good place to start.

Very interesting site.  Thanks. 

2012-08-13 4:31 PM

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

Funny, I was thinking about this the other day.  I made the below as a joke so both sides can be offended.

If I had time, I'd make a chart.

Business Experience

-Romney- Extensive

-Obama- None

National Security Experience

-Romney- None

-Obama- 4 years of extensive experience

Military Service

-Obama- None, too busy smoking dope at Columbia.

-Romney- None, too busy on a Mormon mission to the impoverished country of France.

Gay Marriage

-Romney- Against

-Obama- For it after he was Against it

Abortion

-Romney- Against it after he was for it

-Obama- for it until they crawl away!

Israel

-Romney- Deserve more support from us.

-Obama- "You mean Palestine right?"

Renewable Energy

-Romney- Against it after he was for it.

-Obama- For it, but spent all his capital on Affordable Care Act.

Govt Healthcare

-Romney- Against it even though he implemented it in Mass.

-Obama- All-in on ACA.

Running Mate

-Romney- Conservative Budget Architect.

-Obama- In-Charge of monitoring the Stimulus Funds.

Global Warming

-Romney- Was a believer, but now is not sure.

-Obama- Is a believer even though he said he was going to stop the seas from rising.

Wealth

-Romney- Is wealthy and wants to protect the wealthy from "unfair taxes".

-Obama- Is wealthy and wants to bilk the wealthy for "their fair share".

Biggest Gaffe

-Romney- "I like being able to fire people!"

-Obama- "You didn't build that!"

Got more?

2012-08-13 7:43 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I stumbled across this yesterday and took the quiz.  It pegged me right on.

I don't know who sourced it or if it leads people to a candidate so I'd recommend testing it to make sure it doesn't give you one candidate no matter what you answer.  lol

http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz

2012-08-13 8:18 PM
in reply to: #4361643

User image

Extreme Veteran
Villanova
tuwood - 2012-08-13 7:43 PM

I don't know who sourced it or if it leads people to a candidate so I'd recommend testing it to make sure it doesn't give you one candidate no matter what you answer.  lol

Great link.  I enjoyed taking that.  At the Constitution Center here in Philly, they have a great test to take as well.  

2012-08-14 8:51 AM
in reply to: #4361643

User image

Expert
Austin, TX

Candidates you side with...

100%

Ron PaulRon Paul on economic, foreign policy, domestic policy, healthcare, immigration, social, and science issues. 

97%

Gary JohnsonGary Johnson on foreign policy, domestic policy, economic, healthcare, social, and science issues. 

68%

Mitt RomneyMitt Romney on economic, immigration, and healthcare issues. 

8%

Barack ObamaBarack Obama no major issues.

Edited by chichitao 2012-08-14 8:56 AM
2012-08-14 11:11 AM

User image

Champion
Atlanta, Ga

I don't think it's hard to look at what a candidate stands for if you look at it logically and break it down to it's basics.  A simple Go-No Go test.

It's how I vote. Each issue is worth one point (nothing is more important to me than something else).  Whomever gets the most points gets my vote.

So I would ask you friend to come up with a list of issues that they want to vote on.  Then look to see if the candidate is for or against it.  Pretty simple, no need to make it complicated.

2012-08-14 11:24 AM
in reply to: #4362568

User image

Regular
Marvarnett - 2012-08-14 12:11 PM

I don't think it's hard to look at what a candidate stands for if you look at it logically and break it down to it's basics.  A simple Go-No Go test.

It's how I vote. Each issue is worth one point (nothing is more important to me than something else).  Whomever gets the most points gets my vote.

So I would ask you friend to come up with a list of issues that they want to vote on.  Then look to see if the candidate is for or against it.  Pretty simple, no need to make it complicated.

This is the route I was really thinking. Figure out the issues that are most important for her and then figure out which candidate most closely follows her point of view.

I just want to make sure I can find a place that will give a straight forward report of each of the candidates positions.
2012-08-14 11:30 AM
in reply to: #4362590

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Its Only Money - 2012-08-14 12:24 PM
Marvarnett - 2012-08-14 12:11 PM

This is the route I was really thinking. Figure out the issues that are most important for her and then figure out which candidate most closely follows her point of view. I just want to make sure I can find a place that will give a straight forward report of each of the candidates positions.

I tend to take a slightly different approach. I too look at issues and stances, but with a different unit of measure; "how stupid do you think I am?"

I listen to a candidate explain something then gauge how stupid they must think I am if they want me to believe them or agree with them. So far Romney thinks I am more stupid than Obama does.

2012-08-14 7:17 PM
in reply to: #4361707

User image

Bronze member
japewang - 2012-08-13 8:18 PM

Great link.  I enjoyed taking that.  At the Constitution Center here in Philly, they have a great test to take as well.  

Also took the test but just ended up feeling like I'm really not versed enough in the issues to make an educated choice so I guess I've got some homework to do.

2012-08-15 3:48 PM
in reply to: #4361257

Regular

Great site.......thanks for sharing!

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » True Unbiased Candidate Spec Sheet - Does it exist? Rss Feed