Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Incredibly Dumb NFL QBs... (Roth's motorcycle accident) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2006-06-14 2:26 PM
in reply to: #453543

User image

Elite
Evans, GA
Subject: RE: Incredibly Dumb NFL QBs... (Roth's motorcycle accident)
AdventureBear - 2006-06-13 11:31 PM

Then why have seat belt laws, speed limits, make cars "yield to peds in stopwalk", etc, etc. The government steps in all the time to protect idiots from themselves, and us from them. The problem is that traumatic head injuries are horribly, horribly expensive and taxpayers end up paying a big chunk of it. Ever get a speeding ticket in Pennsylvania? A large chunk of that goes to the catstrophic fund for idiots that don't wear helmets while motorcycling.

Ditto. We all give up little pieces of Freedom to gain the protection of government. That is the basis for government. I, for one, am giving up my right to go helmetless so that idiots will not cost our society as much for their catastrophic injuries. If you couple the head injuries with our western inability to deal with death and debilitating injuries, it a financial disaster for society.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Incredibly Dumb NFL QBs... (Roth's motorcycle accident) Rss Feed  

of 2