St. Jude
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 44m 11s
Overall Rank = 371/3719
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 14/893
Pre-race routine:

We drove from Montpelier to Crawfordsville (about 2 hours). I ate a couple of brownies along the way :)
Event warmup:

Ryan and I jogged only about 0.4 miles (to the car and back). Then we hung out with our friends and joked around until the start of the race.
Run
  • 44m 11s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 14m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

I didn't really know that this was a real race (where they were keeping track of our time/place), so I ran at more of a training pace. I was very careful to keep my footing and kept telling myself to be careful so I didn't mess up all of my training for the half marathon next month.
What would you do differently?:

If I knew it was a race I probably would've done something stupid and hurt myself, so let's say nothing.
Post race
Warm down:

We didn't really do a cool down. We waited for our friends to finish, then took a bunch of pics. There weren't any showers there- we had to jump back in the lake to get most of the mud off, then the fireman hosed us down.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

We started the Warrior Dash determined to have our group of 7 people stick together. After about half a mile we realized that was impossible and split from the group.

Ryan and I stuck together the whole time. We waited for one another after each obstacle and just were more about having fun than winning.

Also, we went out in the 11:30am heat (they released a new heat every 30 min starting at 8am). We were passing people from the previous heat less than a mile in. They held us up on the some of the narrow paths and obstacles (especially the ones where only one person could go at a time). To really compete, you need to be in the first heat.

Event comments:

Very expensive race. They charged $75 to race, $20 for parking, $75 for a campsite, and $8 for a turkey leg. Kind of crazy if you ask me. However, it was a fun time. We enjoyed doing it with friends.

Last updated: 2012-07-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:44:11 | 03.01 miles | 14m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 14/893
Overall: 371/3719
Performance: Average
Course: http://www.warriordash.com/register2012_indiana.php Super hilly and muddy, lots of obstacles- crawling under barbed wire, climbing over tons of stuff, swimming through mud pits, jumping over fire, etc.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2012-08-16 7:42 PM

User image

Veteran
Huntertown, IN
Subject: Warrior Dash

2012-08-16 7:56 PM
in reply to: #4367215

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Subject: RE: Warrior Dash
Allison you guys did really well considering you weren't in the first heat and really weren't running this at a racing pace. I'm glad you guys had fun with it and that no one got hurt especially with you training for your HM.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Warrior Dash Rss Feed