General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what are things I would need to consider for IM Los Cabos Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-20 1:29 PM

User image

Regular
Akron
Subject: what are things I would need to consider for IM Los Cabos

I think it looks like IM Los Cabos is new this year. What are things I need to consider signing up for a race in spring???

I live in OH, so I know most training will be on the trainer (I'm okay with that though).Looks like avg temp is about 68 there and water temp avg is 72 (sounds good to me).I've never done a race in salt water.

I think it would be awesome because it's on green beer day! what a way to celebrate.

Any thoughts on this race besides don't drink the water unless it's bottled ???

2012-08-20 2:20 PM
in reply to: #4371583

User image

Master
Royersford, PA
Subject: RE: what are things I would need to consider for IM Los Cabos
Well since it is a first time race there isn't any scouting report out there. Cabo San Lucas is a great place and should be a great place to celebrate afterwards. Cabo Wabo (Van Halen/Sammy Haggar's club) is pretty cool, and my favorite was the Giggling Marlin.

Far as the race goes even low 70s can be a shock to the system if your body is used to the 30-40s. Try the get down their a bit early to acclimate. The salt water swim is no problem and actually tends to be faster (since your are more bouyant) if you aren't a strong swimmer, just remember to shower off or the salt residue can chaff.

Also make sure you figure out how you are going to pack and ship and reassemble your bike. I love using Tribike Transport since they are right there at transition before and after the race and your bike stays intact. Don't know if they are serving Los Cabos though. If you have to ship or bike box it just be prepared to put it together yourself as there is limited bike shops and support.

Should be fun, can't wait for the RR next year!
2012-08-22 11:58 AM
in reply to: #4371583

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: what are things I would need to consider for IM Los Cabos
I have never raced in another country but have visited Mexico and other carribean countries before (had a blast at all of them!). I would advise that (in my experience and most ppl I know) the way your body might react to the food you eat down there may be different from at home. All of the times I have been down there and even at a resort, the food made me, I guess you could say.. very regular? Just make sure you take that into account so you can figure out any GI issues that may arrise.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » what are things I would need to consider for IM Los Cabos Rss Feed