General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adductor Strain + HIM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-22 5:55 PM

User image

Sarnia
Subject: Adductor Strain + HIM

Hi Everyone, looking for some advice beyond "go see a DR" because I am going to do that, but he is NOT active like most here and may/would not understand.  I have an adductor strain and have seen a physiotherapist about it, he gave me some stretches which I did and it was feeling better, so good in fact that I went back and played soccer BIG MISTAKE...now it's hurting again like when I climb into bed and try and lift the leg etc.  I went for a bike ride today and can tell it's there, but can still ride well, however, got off the bike and was supposed to turn it into a Brick and that was NOT happening.  Pain across the lower abdomen etc, abandoned the run and came home. 

So...here's my question:  I am signed up for the B2B in October and right in the middle of my training.  This is my first HIM, and I'm wondering what I should do with my training as I work through this?  Should I just keep up the bike and swim and walk, stretch etc and rely on the fitness from B&S to carry me through the run.  I have run the 1/2 mary distance, but only 1x.  I can run 12-15k no problem (when I'm healthy) and not looking to podium, just wanna finish.

2012-09-20 3:40 PM
in reply to: #4375809

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: RE: Adductor Strain + HIM
jsut saw this post..are you feeling any better?  It sounds so similar to the pain I had...I was finally diagnosed (took many months and finally an MRI with contrast..not a plain MRI) it was a labreal tear in my hip.  Hope this isn't what you have, but if you have trouble lifting your leg into bed, in and out of the car, etc..you might ant to look into that.  Biking never hurt per say, but I could tell something was wrong.  The run however, was always painful
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Adductor Strain + HIM Rss Feed