General Discussion Triathlon Talk » intense fatigue, inner thighs/groin area, during bike Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-23 1:45 PM

Subject: intense fatigue, inner thighs/groin area, during bike

So during the last couple long rides (~60 miles) I've been experiencing intense fatigue, almost like a cramp, towards the inside of both legs/upper thighs, near groin area, about 20 miles into my bike ride.  It happened most recently during the bike portion of the Timberman HIM.  Whichever muscles they are, they feel like they are completely burned out and exhausted. The pain and fatigue seem to fade after standing up on the bike a few times for about 10-15 minutes.  Post race my seat bones hurt more than usual.

Anyone ever experience this?  Is it the saddle?  Is it my shorts?  Is bike fit?  Seems to me the muscles are somehow being overworked and burning out which would lead me to believe that I am poorly position on my bike? 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by slowman79 2012-08-23 1:47 PM

2012-08-24 9:32 AM
in reply to: #4377168

User image

New user
Subject: RE: intense fatigue, inner thighs/groin area, during bike
Go get a professional bike fit, sounds like your seat positioning is off
2012-08-24 9:51 AM
in reply to: #4377168

User image

Extreme Veteran
Worcester, MA
Subject: RE: intense fatigue, inner thighs/groin area, during bike
I had the same thing. I found it got better as I got more in shape, but was mostly abductors (sp) and psoas being tight.  Bike fit, rolling groin, and stretching psoas all helped.  Also WAY more bananas and magnesium helped me. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » intense fatigue, inner thighs/groin area, during bike Rss Feed