General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone ever do the Cloverleaf Lakes Triathlon? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-29 7:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Subject: Anyone ever do the Cloverleaf Lakes Triathlon?

I have this race penciled in but just curious if anyone else has ever done this race?  It's located in Clintonville around the Shawano area.  I have a feeling the lake is pretty weedy from the litle bit of research I've been able to find.

http://www.cloverleaflakes-triathlon.com/triathlon.html

2012-08-31 3:52 PM
in reply to: #4385645

Extreme Veteran
WI
Subject: RE: Anyone ever do the Cloverleaf Lakes Triathlon?

Never knew they had one, but I will check it out for next year since I have a relative in Clintonville.

I remember the lakes being clear, but weedy.  Not too thick with weeds.  Should also be a flat course IIRC.  This is all from memory of 15 years ago, so the lakes may have changed.

If you give it a try, please report back on it.

2012-09-02 9:08 PM

User image

New user
Green Bay

It is a weedy swim.  It's a fun little low budget tri.  Mary does a nice job organizing it.  There were some good athletes out this year.  The bike was a little hilly, but some nice downhills too.  Run is a flat 3.5 miles around the lake.  I've done it the last three years, kind of a nice way to finish the season.

2012-09-03 6:40 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Was a fun race.  Wife said the lake was weedy but had a good time on the swim.  They rerouted the bike course this year and yes, it was hilly and much more challenging than previous years from what we were told and shortened down to just under 17 miles.  The run was nice but their 3.5 miles seemed closer to 4 from what I was hearing (who knows).  It was a friendly, and laid back event that was a lot of fun!  My only thought was she wished they had slightly better timing, since they simply used a start and finish time with no breakdowns but I'm sure that keeps the cost down for the event also.  Overall, well run, fun and she will definitely have it penciled in for next year.  
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone ever do the Cloverleaf Lakes Triathlon? Rss Feed