General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back Surgery, Lumbar L4 L5 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-29 12:12 PM

Subject: Back Surgery, Lumbar L4 L5
Trying to start plannong recovery. Anyone had this surgery? Just started thinking about water running. I plan on taking it slow and easy. Have not even started PT yet so I will have to wait and see what they advice. Stuck at home and I want to start planning. Wonder how long before back on bike?

2012-08-29 4:22 PM
in reply to: #4386219

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Back Surgery, Lumbar L4 L5
Been there and done that. However, I was not doing tris when I had my surgery.  It did take me til 6 weeks post op to go back to work (I worked in the ER at the time.....lots of lifting and moving)  I initially tried to go back to my aerobics classes but found even low impact wat too much so I joined a Y and started aqua aerobics.....yes I was a noodle lady for a while, then after a good 6 months or so I was able to add spin classes and ultimately added strength training.  I started running about 6 years ago which is still more than 10 yars from my surgery but that was for other reasons.....like I had never tried it before.  Best advice is go through the PT and ease ito things based on PT and MD advice.  Go slower easing in than you think you should.  Yeah, it sucks to be conservative.....but necessary.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Back Surgery, Lumbar L4 L5 Rss Feed