United States
78F / 26C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 01m 22s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

We camped at Lake George RV park...I love this place. It is 4 miles from the Million Dollar beach via paved trail so we decided I would drive into town and my hub/ kids would ride their bikes down near my predicted finish time.
Set the alarm for 530a made coffee got dressed and was out the door with my travel mug at 545. No traffic, just racers on their way to the site. Parking was easy.Transition set up was easy to navigate. Picked my packet up yesterday so I just got my chip and headed down to the water for a little warm up. Ate a banana en route. Saw a few friends along the way. This was a completely no pressure race...just my style.
Event warmup:

Swam out to the first buoy and back. Felt fantastic. Water temp 73 degrees. Wind starting to pick up and make waves. Nothing terrible.
Swim
  • 37m 15s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 16s / 100 yards
Comments:

I dont have the race stats only what my Garmin gave me for time. Water was a bit choppy but I was so relaxed and happy to be there I didn't care. Noticed I was in a pack of swimmers from my wave (noticed the green cap) for most of the swim which is rare because I'm such a slow swimmer I'm usually alone.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing...this was absolutely delightful. I took my time concentrated on form. Very nice.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

I dont have my transition times because I started and stopped my Garmin at the beginning and end of each leg. I opted to go without socks because it seems it would be more of a hassle to fuss with socks and wet feet than to just get going. Its only an olympic distance so I figured I'd survive.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing...Just enjoyed the moment. glad i wasnt the only one in transition since i was in the next to last wave!!
Bike
  • 1h 20m
  • 24.85 miles
  • 18.64 mile/hr
Comments:

I really tried to go a little out of my comfort zone here to see how hard i could push. This course is a little hilly so it wasn't perfect but much better than the last time i did it. I was happy overall.
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

Enjoyed the moment. It was perfect weather.
Run
  • 58m 3s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 21s  min/mile
Comments:

I always fall apart on the run. But I stayed at a comfortably hard pace (for me). there are a few hills and I was happy I trudged up them instead of walked. Always a mood booster. I did better on the second lap than the first so that always makes me happy too.
Post race
Warm down:

Lots of food and a generally happy atmosphere. Dan was there with the boys when I finished which was cool. Had an orange because eating pizza or a sub just didn't seem appetizing at the time. Beer tent too...i wish I felt like one but i didn't> A very festive scene for sure. I love this race.

Last updated: 2012-09-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:37:15 | 1640 yards | 02m 16s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Suit: Blue Seventy
Course: Rectangle
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Average