Overall Rank = 2010/16423
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 251/2173
Run
  • 2h 08m 4s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Since I didn't really have time to train seriously for this event, I knew that the last three miles would be painful. The first 10 were fine...I took it easy...then for the last three miles, you first went up a long grade which took its toll...then on the way down, my legs just started locking up. So I had to slow to a barley-trotting speed...crowds of people rushed by me on the way down the hill to the finish...my heart rate was down to normal (if felt) but my muscles were just at a failure point and I didn't want them to completely charlie horse on me. Bleh. Totally figures however, since I don't think any training run was over 9 or 10 miles.
What would you do differently?:

Take my training seriously. Only did about 3 runs per week, and maybe hit 8-10 miles 2-3 times during training.
Post race
Event comments:

The bigest point of this race, however, was to run it with Team In Training as a corporate team with four other ladies from my office, and make sure they all got across the finish line (this was the longest, most extreme sports endeavor they'd ever done), and I'm proud to say that they all made it so that was awesome!!!

The race course is beautiful and the support is awesome and I would like to go back some day and REALLY train and maybe do the full race. With those hills, it's a beast of an event though--definitely would have to be prepared.

Last updated: 2011-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
02:08:04 | 13.1 miles | 09m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/2173
Overall: 0/16423
Performance:
Course: Hilly!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]