General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online registration for IMAZ/ Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-11 8:07 PM

New user
Subject: Online registration for IMAZ/
Does the online registration go fast as Wisconsin or Florida does? Should I travel from Chicago to Ariz. or take a chance? I have done Wisconsin. Ariz. Would fit into my schedule nicely.

Thanks,

Kurt

2012-09-11 8:53 PM
in reply to: #4406753

User image

Veteran
Massachusetts
Subject: RE: Online registration for IMAZ/
I think AZ closed in 10 minutes last year. 
2012-09-11 9:48 PM

New user
It Did. I will be traveling and hopefully volunteering this year. Need to look into that tomorrow.
2012-09-11 10:03 PM

User image

Expert
Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa.

I will be rolling the dice and trying to register online from my home in Iowa.  God I hope I get in.

2012-09-11 11:00 PM

User image

Master
ann arbor, michigan
If you were still typing at 10 minutes you were screwed. Seven minutes last year. I can't see why it would be any longer this year. You need to be ready the second the clock ticks over, skip all the irrelevant boxes or just put a dash in them so that it doesn't get spit back out at you.

Getting in to (some) NA IMs is a competitive sport on its own.
2012-09-12 9:43 AM
in reply to: #4406921

User image

Veteran
Omaha, NE

wannabefaster - 2012-09-11 11:00 PM If you were still typing at 10 minutes you were screwed. Seven minutes last year. I can't see why it would be any longer this year. You need to be ready the second the clock ticks over, skip all the irrelevant boxes or just put a dash in them so that it doesn't get spit back out at you. Getting in to (some) NA IMs is a competitive sport on its own.

A few tips, I got in for this yr and didn't have an overly fast connection or anything.

So, first thing you should do is sign up for active then go look at the registration for an IM that is open like louisville or whereever, go through the process so you can see what questions it is going to ask.

I can't remember everything it had, but you should most definately have your CC ready, your USAT number, emergency contacts etc. If you want to be even faster you could put everything on a word doc and copy and past your cc number address etc but that isn't necessary.

like Jason said, just skip all the irrelevant questions like, what is your favorite color, who is your favorite pro, how many IM's have you doen, etc etc. If I remember right you had to have something in every block though, so just put a few random letters in each block.

Like I said I didn't have an overly fast connection, just be sure you have active open before it goes online, and keep hitting refresh so you start right when it opens. Last year I was actually fast enough, I wanted to see if it had sold out yet, so I started a second registration and could have got it in too.

Just make sure you get the important stuff ready.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Online registration for IMAZ/ Rss Feed