General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looks like the old bike is getting put out to pasture Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-15 9:57 PM

User image

Pro
Virginia Beach, VA
Subject: Looks like the old bike is getting put out to pasture

Well, I was all ready to have my busted bike rebuilt this week with new wheels and cranks.  Turns out that the frame looks to have been tweaked in the accident and the rear wheels doesn't sit properly so we're not sure exactly what is wrong but our feeling is that it isn't worth taking a chance that the integrity of the frame has been violated.  So, I wasn't planning to drop a ton of cash etting it back on the road but I need a new frame.  After thiking it over I've decided to do it right and get a Cervelo Soloist Team frame.  It's gonna cost me $1200 on top of the $650 I already spent on wheels and cranks and the worst part...I'll have to wait at least another week before I can ride again since we need to order the frame.  I might send the old frame to Specialized and heve them check it out but I can't wait for that process to start riding so I'm just going to bit the bullet and by the Soloist frame.  If the old frame turns out to be okay I'll eBay it or something.

Making me even more anxious to ride, my new TT bike showed up today (Javelin Barolo...check out page 38 of the new Triathlete mag) but it only has racing wheels (Zero disc and 50mm carbon tubular) and the shop doesn't have time to put it together for me till next week anyway.  So I have this amazing tri bike sitting in the box and another bike in a state of trauma awaiting a frame transplant.  Guess I'll work on the running a bit more than planned   

2006-06-15 10:37 PM
in reply to: #456118

Elite
Laurium, MI
Subject: RE: Looks like the old bike is getting put out to pasture
TH3_FRB - 2006-06-15 8:57 PM

If the old frame turns out to be okay I'll eBay it or something.

if by something you mean make a fixed gear then that is a fantastic idea

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looks like the old bike is getting put out to pasture Rss Feed