General Discussion Race Reports! » TriRock Lake Geneva - Sprint Course Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

TriRock Lake Geneva - Sprint Course - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Williams Bay, Wisconsin
United States
Competitor Group
73F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 28m 34s
Overall Rank = 105/527
Age Group = M35 to 39
Age Group Rank = 14/64
Event warmup:

I didnt do any warm up. I should have. I think it would have helped me keep warm during swim and early bike. I normally do a swim warm up, but I was afraid of getting to cold by coming out of the water and standing for 30 + minutes..no wet suit.
Swim
  • 10m 22s
  • 437 yards
  • 02m 22s / 100 yards
Comments:

Considering I was concerned about being cold and wasn't going to wear a wet-suit, I had a very good swim.
What would you do differently?:

I had received a wet-suit the day before the race and made a decision not to try using it during the race. I have always been told to not try anything new during a race :)Train in my wet-suit so I can be prepared to use it on days like this :)
Transition 1
  • 01m 18s
Comments:

I was first in my age group and second overall in T1 :) No wet-suit and having a spot very near bike out really helped! Second race in a row that I was first in age group in T1:) I can atleast do something really well :)

Nothing
Bike
  • 49m 42s
  • 14.7 miles
  • 17.75 mile/hr
Comments:

My legs were very tight during the first few miles. I think this is because I was cold.

My bike continues to be my weakness. I plan on focusing on my bike over the winter....trainer here I come!

I set up transition well. I had unratched prior to the descent at the end and unvelcroed within a couple hundred yards of the bike finish.
I was pedaling on top of shoes at end and did a flying dismount.
Nowing the course really helped. I had biked this course a month prior, so I knew I had to prepared prior to the descent.

work more hills and more TITS!!!
Transition 2
  • 01m 35s
Comments:

Getting my socks on was very difficult. I have never had problems before. For some reason, my socks were wet (may be from my neighbors wetsuit) and I was shaking really bad. I wear Balega socks on the run, and these usually go on very easily. Even with the socks issues, I was 10 of 46 on T2.

Work on putting on my socks!
Run
  • 25m 39s
  • 3.16 miles
  • 08m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

The first 1.5 miles were brutal. I was very stiff from the bike (see previous comments), and it was all up hill. A total elevation gain of 180 feet in the first 1.5 miles. My previous triathlon experience paid off, I knew if I just ran through it I would feel better after a mile or so. In my triathlon in Minnesota last month, I encountered the same difficult in the first mile...a large hill.

I had a goal of 8 minute miles. I fell just short of this goal, but considering the amount of hills in the run, I was very happy. I ran the last 1.5 miles around 7, was happy:)

Train on more hills!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked with my GF and had some pancakes and water! MMMMm, pancakes!

Last updated: 2012-07-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:10:22 | 437 yards | 02m 22s / 100yards
Age Group: 7/64
Overall: 89/527
Performance: Good
Suit: None
Course: Triangle...straight out to a green buoy and back. A lot of seaweed to swim through :( There is a fairly long run to T1. This added at least 1:30 to my swim time. My Garmin had 8:47 for the swim.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 73F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:18
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:49:42 | 14.7 miles | 17.75 mile/hr
Age Group: 26/64
Overall: 214/527
Performance: Average
Average HR:141 Max HR:162
Wind: Little
Course: This is a very hilly course! In the first 1.5 miles, we ascend a very substantial hill (150 feet). After that there are quite a few rolling hills; total elevation gain of 528 ft. The bike finish is straight down hill...got going 30.5 MPH. One loop of approximately 14.7 miles.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:35
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:25:39 | 03.16 miles | 08m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/64
Overall: 92/527
Average HR:154 Max HR:162
Course: One loop. Mostly uphill during the first 1.5 miles and downhill coming back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? No