Age Group Rank = 1/9
Event warmup:

None
Swim
  • 27m 56s
  • 1640 yards
  • 01m 42s / 100 yards
Comments:

started back left, couldn't find anyone to draft so just stayed about 20yards outside of bouys to avoid traffic, had only a few incidents of folks veering off to the left in front of me to deal with.
What would you do differently?:

Same old suck swim performance. More work in the pool over the winter.
Transition 1
  • 02m
Comments:

Was a clean transition event so had to take a little more time to put goggles and cap in bag. 4th overall in T1 so it was fine.

open bag up more so getting goggles and cap in is faster.
Bike
  • 1h 10m 40s
  • 24.85 miles
  • 21.10 mile/hr
Comments:

Goal was to ride to 150bpm ave HR like River Cities. Quads toasted from the trail half marathon I ran the day before so it was impossible to get HR up where I wanted. Roads were wet from rain. wet chipseal was a little sketchy and I had a few slight fishtail incidents in the turns, also gave me white knuckles on the descent after the turn at 42mph. Course was a little long, Garmin had it at 24.9miles. Had feet out of shoes at 24 miles thinking the end was near.

If this was an A race I wouldn't have run a very hilly trail half marathon the day before. Ride course the day before to know where T2 was.
Transition 2
  • 01m 47s
Comments:

I did not survey T2 so I had know idea where to rack my bike. Eventually I found a volunteer who was waving me over to my spot. One complaint I have is the T2 pavement absolutely sucked. Had I surveyed it prior to the race I would have known where to rack my bike and hopefully noticed that it was extremely painful to walk on the gravelled pavement in barefeet, and impossible to run on it in bare feet.

Had I surveyed T2 I would know where my rack spot was and would have stayed in shoes until racking the bike.
Run
  • 42m 31s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

Tough run course, one of the olympic course legs was to a culdesac marked with cones and looked to go down into a dirt trail which I ran down to find it was a dead end, turned back. A few bitch hills that were as bad as trail run I did the day before. Wanted to get HR up to 160 but once again legs were trashed from race day before so wasn't able to get close.
Post race
Warm down:

Eat, drink, light stretching.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Half marathon the day before. Wanted to abuse my legs the week before my A race so that was accomplished.. Now 5 days of recovery.

Event comments:

One of the best produced races in yhe DFW area. This was innagural event and light on participants. Everything was first rate except for gravel in T2 area and single beer limit. Wish roads would be smoother then chip seal, was a very challenging course with tough hills. Hope they have it again next year.

Last updated: 2012-09-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:27:56 | 1640 yards | 01m 42s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/9
Overall: 38/114
Performance: Average
200M splits from Garmin, 3:27, 4;13, 5;15, 3:53, 4:15, 4;01
Suit: Sleeveless wetsuit
Course: Clockwise Rectangle course. Garmin had it about 150m short
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 74F / 23C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Average
Breathing: Average Drafting: Below average
Waves: Navigation: Average
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 02:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:10:40 | 24.85 miles | 21.10 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/9
Overall: 5/114
Performance: Average
5 mile splits, 21.3 mph(146bpm), 22.9mph (142bpm), 19.2mph(136bpm), 22.0mph (138bpm), 20.9mph (136bpm)
Wind: Little
Course: Out and back, rolling hills until mile before turnaround then long ascent to turnaround point. mostly chipseal, very rough at times.
Road: Rough Wet Cadence: 86
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:47
Overall: Bad
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Bad
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:42:31 | 06.21 miles | 06m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/9
Overall: 8/114
Performance: Below average
mile splits, 7:51 (135bpm), 7:52 (140bpm), 7:00 (143bpm), 7:10 (149bpm), 6:55 (152bpm)
Course: Garmin had this at 5.83mi. T2 back to T1 through some dirt and pavement, Olympic distance had a couple of side routes with some extremely steep hills that were damn near impossible to run up or down.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes