General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Training Location in Palm Springs Area Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-21 7:05 PM

User image

Cathedral City
Subject: Swim Training Location in Palm Springs Area

My wife and I are moving to Cathedral City next week and we are having a difficult time finding somewhere within our price range to swim during the week. Right now we swim at a local natatorium (Denton, TX) and pay $20/month each to swim as much as we'd like. Everything we are finding out there would be $100+ a month each to swim 4 times a week. We just can't swing that right after a move and getting settled, plus we aren't sure how long it will take my wife to find a job out there.

Is there somewhere out there that I'm just not seeing? Maybe a gym with a couple of lap swim lanes or a high school pool that is open to the public?

2012-09-22 12:37 AM
in reply to: #4422924

User image

Los Angeles
Subject: RE: Swim Training Location in Palm Springs Area
Palm Desert Aquatic Center.  A new, nice and clean facility.  I go to Palm Springs all the time and when I stay there, i go swim there.  
2012-09-22 11:08 PM
in reply to: #4422924

User image

Expert
Palm Springs, California
I use the Palm Springs pool. You get the best deal if you buy a punch card. I also like the Palm Desert pool, but I don't know which one is cheapest for someone who isn't a resident. The last I heard, there was a masters program in the afternoons at PD, and I'd be happy to plug you in to the informal/unofficial masters group in PS. Message me, we should add you guys to the PS tri FB group.
2012-09-30 11:05 PM
in reply to: #4423706

User image

New user

I am the wife of z400jt and we finally moved to the Palm Springs area. We would love to get connected with fellow triathletes!

2012-10-01 12:44 AM
in reply to: #4434338

User image

Expert
Palm Springs, California
Txgrits418 - 2012-09-30 9:05 AM

I am the wife of z400jt and we finally moved to the Palm Springs area. We would love to get connected with fellow triathletes!

Excellent! There's a nice, informal group here. We tend to gather at the PS pool early M, W, F, and usually on Sunday. Many of us ride with the desert bike club on Saturdays, and there are running groups. See if you can join our Facebook group, Palm Springs Multisport.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Training Location in Palm Springs Area Rss Feed