General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TOTW What are you going to with your non-race season? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-10-28 11:07 AM
in reply to: #4424560

User image

Extreme Veteran
Atlanta
Subject: RE: TOTW What are you going to with your non-race season?

I'll let you know after IMFL ;-) But below are some thoughts...

Swim: I'd like to up this a bit, go 3-4x a week to Masters. I'm usually a steady 3x week swimmer but I've been having fun in the water and want to add another day for additional fitness and being able to keep with the tail end of the front pack (I feel like I'm at the front of the 2nd pack now... aka MOP swimmers).

Bike: This continues to be my greatest weakness so I'll hopefully get getting a lot of saddle time this winter. With IMCDA on the calendar for next year I really need to keep progressing here.

Run: I'll keep this light hearted and fun. Throw in more trail runs, do a few Half Marathons for some fun and a high end workout, but otherwise pretty standard stuff here.

Core/Stability strength: I'll bring this work back into the picture. I slacked here after Eagleman and I can see it negatively effecting my performance so I'll bring it back into the picture.

2012-11-10 10:32 AM
in reply to: #4424560

User image

Veteran
Atlanta
Subject: RE: TOTW What are you going to with your non-race season?

It's easier to run in cold weather for me so I'll get in as many foot races as possible.

Also add back in twice per week strength because that fell off the map when the miles for my marathon increased and now I'm paying for it.

Perhaps I will see the pool again...or maybe a bike.  Maybe not.  Most likely the pool before a bike.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TOTW What are you going to with your non-race season? Rss Feed  

of 2