Other Resources My Cup of Joe » MLB Playoffs Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-25 8:02 PM

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA
Subject: MLB Playoffs

Has anyone else heard about the format MLB plans to use for the divisional series this year? Instead of the traditional 2-2-1 5 game series, they will be using a 2-3 format "due to scheduling conflicts." I really can't believe they are doing this, as it drastically affects home field advantage. I had been rooting for the Giants to catch the Nats or the Reds, but now I hope that we will finish in 3rd. With our two best pitchers going in the offensive black hold that is AT&T Park, I really like our odds.

Anyone else find this format to be somewhat ridiculous?

2012-09-25 11:09 PM
in reply to: #4427597

User image

Expert
NoVA
Subject: RE: MLB Playoffs

Absolutely HATE it.  I'm a Nats fan and can't wrap my head around the idea that they will be on the road (I hope) for their first two playoff games after having an amazing season.  I also heard some stat last week about when this format is used that if the home team wins those first two games that they are undefeated in the series---makes sense---you go up 2-0 at home and then only have to win 1 of the last 3 on the road meanwhile the "better" team has their back against the wall before getting "home field advantage."?!!?!??!?! 

HATE IT.

2012-09-26 7:30 AM
in reply to: #4427597

User image

Expert
Austin, TX
Subject: RE: MLB Playoffs

Its messed up that the higher seeded team travels for the first game.

I'm looking forward to the Reds/Rangers series though.  I grew up a Reds fan and Arlington is only a couple hour drive.

Is it too early to call the World Series teams?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » MLB Playoffs Rss Feed