Pleasanton, California
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 39s
Overall Rank = 122/261
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 19/37
Pre-race routine:

got up around 6 am showered ate a clif bar and half a gatorade on the way to the race. Picked up my number and goodie bag hit the restroom 3 times and waited for the race to start.
Event warmup:

stretched some don't want to blow a hammy :) checked out the end of the course to see where I could start my final kick
Run
  • 29m 39s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 32s  min/mile
Comments:

started closer to front this time I didn't want to have to weave through all the walkers. I wanted a PR on this race so I went out faster than I usually do. Felt good until mile 1 then hit a small wall still kept a good pace but heart rate was real high. Got a little shade halfway through mile 2 which helped a little skipped getting water at the aid station. At 26 minutes in I could see the turn to the final stretch I could feel a PR within my reach. At 28 minutes I started my kick passed about 8 or 9 people including 1 person about 5 feet in front of the finish :) According to my Garmin I hit a 5/min mile pace on my final kick another PR :)
What would you do differently?:

maybe go out slower and try to negative split but since I PR'd this race I don't care! :)
Post race
Warm down:

grabbed a water dumped half of it on my head and walked around. ran into one of my regular customers who finished about 2 minutes after me maybe I've found a new training partner

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my weight as usual but since it's a new pr I don't care :)

Event comments:

good race nice course If it started any later it would have been too hot to run. Will have to wait a few days to find out where I placed.

Last updated: 2006-06-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:39 | 03.11 miles | 09m 32s  min/mile
Age Group: 19/37
Overall: 122/261
Performance: Good
mile 1 9:08 mile 2 9:43 mile 3+ 10:43
Course: flat loop on streets of downtown Pleasanton with about 3/4 mile on Arroyo trail.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes