Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-10-10 9:45 PM
in reply to: #4444855

User image

Regular
Bloomington
Subject: RE: TC Marathon 10/7

Climbinggonzo - 2012-10-08 9:12 AM Did anyone hear anything about someone needing CPR and/or becoming gravely ill around mile 4 of the 10 mile (18ish of the full)?  When I went past there during the 10 mile there was a guy on the ground on the bike trail, a runner from the race, who was getting chest compressions and the whole deal with at least 5 EMT/Paramedics around them.  I haven't found anything yet online or in any articles about the race, but was wondering if they came through.

Leave it to Steve to have all the information  http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/

2012-10-15 10:49 PM
in reply to: #4449235

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove

As it turns out, the guy who stopped was a resident with me in internal medicine at HCMC. My brother in law was stationed at the medical tent at mile 21/5, but he was there more for the marathon, so didn't get there until closer to 8:30 or 9.

As for my race, I was done in by IT band issues. I started to notice a twinge in my left knee around mile 6, and by mile 8 I couldn't run anymore. I walked 13 miles to the medical station where my bro-in-law was, but decided to quit there rather than make my wife drive with my kids to St Paul to watch me walk across the finish line. At my walking pace, I would have finished in just under 6 hours, but the knee was starting to hurt, even with just walking. i wasn't sure how well it would hold up with Summit left to climb...

I think as I go into the off season, I'm going to try to spend more time focusing on strength, stretching and core stability this year, as minor injury seemed to follow me all summer.

BloomingRunner - 2012-10-10 9:45 PM

Climbinggonzo - 2012-10-08 9:12 AM Did anyone hear anything about someone needing CPR and/or becoming gravely ill around mile 4 of the 10 mile (18ish of the full)?  When I went past there during the 10 mile there was a guy on the ground on the bike trail, a runner from the race, who was getting chest compressions and the whole deal with at least 5 EMT/Paramedics around them.  I haven't found anything yet online or in any articles about the race, but was wondering if they came through.

Leave it to Steve to have all the information  http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/

2012-10-21 3:29 PM
in reply to: #4455117

User image

Regular

Darn! That's too bad Ryan. Good idea to stop running when you're injured. Live to fight another day. Plenty of races left for you when you get better. I had some pain on my quads around mile 22 but that was from the 21 miles I did the week before it. That was dumb. I wanted to do it because I want to know if I can finish the marathon. I guess I can now.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and see you at the next race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TC Marathon 10/7 Rss Feed  

of 3