Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Xterra/off road triathlons in Ontario Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-30 4:39 PM

User image

Subject: Xterra/off road triathlons in Ontario
hi folks, I know there is an Xterra type event put on by Element racing and I also believe the "milk" series has a fat tire event. Does anyone know if there are any other similar races in and around Ontario?Considering getting a Mountain Bike and would like to try some of this type of racing possibly.

2012-10-01 10:33 AM
in reply to: #4434017

User image

Subject: RE: Xterra/off road triathlons in Ontario

Element Racing puts on "Mine Over Matter" in Milton and "The Grind" in Muskoka.

I've done the full and mini for Mine over Matter and would easily recommend the event.

I looked earlier in the year for off-road tri's in Ontario and Element Racing seemed to be all that was doing it.

2012-10-02 11:34 AM
in reply to: #4434017

User image

Cambridge, Ontario

that other series (not "milk"/multisport canada) used to have a fat tire try-a-try, but they killed that race for 2012. MSC, however, has picked up that venue and i'm told you will see belwood races in 2013!

however, for actual xterra-type races (on mountain bike trails rather than just rail trail), element racing's muskoka grind and mine over matter (at kelso quarry) are the only two at the moment.

cheers!

-mistress k

2012-10-02 12:31 PM
in reply to: #4436931

User image

Elite
Ontario
mistressk - 2012-10-02 12:34 PM

that other series (not "milk"/multisport canada) used to have a fat tire try-a-try, but they killed that race for 2012. MSC, however, has picked up that venue and i'm told you will see belwood races in 2013!

however, for actual xterra-type races (on mountain bike trails rather than just rail trail), element racing's muskoka grind and mine over matter (at kelso quarry) are the only two at the moment.

cheers!

-mistress k

Belwood would be nice to see again.  Also a good opportunity for MSC to host a race closer to the GTA.

Wonder if they'll keep in the 1km swim...

2012-10-03 3:27 PM
in reply to: #4436931

User image

mistressk - 2012-10-02 12:34 PM

cheers!

-mistress k

Would a cross bike be suitable for the two element courses or are they strictly Mountain Bike territory.I am weighing the idea of selling my Tri bike and getting either a cross or Mountain bike.
2012-10-04 10:29 AM
in reply to: #4439442

User image

Cambridge, Ontario

mtb is required by element racing - they don't allow 'cross bikes. i haven't done muskoka grind, but the trails at kelso would not be cx bike friendly anyway; there are several obstacles on the course like logpiles, fallen trees and rock gardens (on one of which i broke my wrist this year; just got the cast off yesterday Tongue out). i do paris to ancaster on my cyclocross bike, but i wouldn't consider it for mine over matter even if they were allowed.

cheers!

-mistress k

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Xterra/off road triathlons in Ontario Rss Feed