Overall Rank = 12/27
Age Group = F16-39
Age Group Rank = 10/15
Swim
  • 07m 23s
  • 400 meters
  • 01m 51s / 100 meters
Comments:

We were 6 girls in a lane and The plan was to draft 2 of the girls and hang on to them as long as possible as I knew they would be my speed or just a tad faster. The first 200m the speed was good and with the drafting I was able to swim behind them without any problems. After that they both slowed down and I was on the edge of if I should overtake them or but after 300m I decided to just continue drafting and get out with them at the same time as it would have taken too much effort to overtake just for a few seconds lead. In the last lap once the others behind us passed I moved over to the left as I knew the girl in front of me would go to the right and that made me actually get out ahead of her.
Transition 1
  • 01m 16s
Comments:

Run to transition is down a hill on asphalt and in this race last year I hurt my foot with the barefoot running and had trouble with it for almost 9months so I took it very easy down the hill as to not repeat that. Transition itself was quite fast. Just put my helmet on, number band and off I was.
Bike
  • 21m 5s
  • 10.4 kms
  • 29.23 km/hr
Comments:

It was raining and wet on the streets and the bike course is quite technical and you really have to watch out especially when it is wet and with so many people on the course. Luckily the first heat started 20min ahead of us and not just 10min so most of them were already done biking when we started.
I went quite slow down the steep hill at the beginning as you have to turn right onto the bike path down at the bottom and it is a tricky corner.
During the whole bike ride I had one objective only and that was NOT to fall and get hurt! Somehow I also was not in the mood to go fast or to put any much effort in on the bike. It did not surprise me as my body was still tired from previous racing and the criterium race on Thursday was definitely a mistake and made me a lot more tired than I expected. But after all this race was only 6 days after the TRI in Germany so I did not expect a really good performance anyways.
Transition 2
  • 00m 50s
Comments:

As fast as it could be. Got out of the shoes at the end of the bike and ran in barefoot. Helmet off and running shoes on and off I was.
Run
  • 15m 37s
  • 2.9 kms
  • 05m 16s  min/km
Comments:

Started running and legs felt good and the hip as well. Took it a bit easier on the downhill as the hip does not like that too much and I did not want to take any chances. Kept a good pace until about 2.5km and then somehow slowed down a bit and then the killer hill at the end is also quite tough but it was over before I knew it. Once again I felt no desire to push myself at all.
Overall the run was OK but I think I could have run faster.
Post race
Warm down:

Finished 12th overall in 46:11.
Second year in a row that I lost my mojo during this race. Maybe its time to take a break from it...but as it is the first race of the season here in Iceland I usually do it again and again...

Last updated: 2012-05-20 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:23 | 400 meters | 01m 51s / 100meters
Age Group: 8/15
Overall: 8/27
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: 50m pool
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 28C / 82F Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:16
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:21:05 | 10.4 kms | 29.23 km/hr
Age Group: 7/15
Overall: 9/27
Performance: Below average
Wind: Some
Course: 3 x 3.5km loops. Very technical course. Small path, corners and a steep hill followed by downhills with some speed bumps.
Road: Rough Wet Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:50
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal