General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Golden State Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-04 12:30 AM

New user

Subject: Golden State Triathlon : Official Thread
Anyone in here doing this race? Ths is my first Triathlon, and Im really pumped to get it under my belt. 

2012-10-08 11:00 AM
in reply to: #4440056

New user

Orland
Subject: RE: Golden State Triathlon : Official Thread
How did you do? What age group did you race? How did you like the water? That was the first time I had done that race and third race this year. I also did  tinman and granite bay. It was a good race course. TBF has good races.  Have a great off season training for next year. 
2012-10-08 11:52 AM
in reply to: #4445056

New user

I finished, and I had a great time! It was a really fun course.  I cant wait for the next one.

I raced in the 30-34 age group. Im 33. The water was ok, I swam in my surfing wetsuit which really drug me down, it was way too heavy, but I was extremely warm. I had a flat tire, and that slowed my bike time down quite a bit. I didnt have a pump, so had to wait for someone to finally stop and let me borrow there pump.  

My time was 2hrs and 30 mins. Not good, but plenty of room for improvement.  I think Im going to sign up for some 10k's and maybe a half marathon before my next triathlon. 

How did you do? What group did you race in? 

2012-10-28 7:43 PM
in reply to: #4440056

New user

Orland

I was in the m35-39. I finished in 1:45 much room for improvement. I dropped a water bottle on my second lap. I also forgot my ear plugs and was a little dizzy coming up the ladder. I plan on a half marathon in Chico in November but then its just training.  You have to check out the black butte tri hosted by Chico tri club. Its a great race to kick off the year. Happy training. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Golden State Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed