Other Resources My Cup of Joe » good rides gone bad! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2003-11-23 9:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Subject: good rides gone bad!
Saturday was a near perfect weather day. In Pittsburgh, we don't get many days like this in May, let alone late November! As luck would have it, I was scheduled for a long ride. I happily got my stuff together & headed out for my favorite trail. I put in a good 31 or so miles. A perfect ride! A beautiful day!
I rolled into the parking area with my quads a little sore but really proud I had kept my heart rate perfectly on target for the whole ride. As I dismounted my joy soon turned to frustration. My wedge pack under my seat had worked its way open during the ride. Its gaping maw was laughing at me as I realised my cell phone & car keys had gone the way of zoot suits & dinosaurs!
I ended up snapping off my radio antenna & used it to "slim jim" open the door (I ain't a city kid for nothing!) & then pry open my glove box were I had stashed my wallet with my spare keys.
So..... if any of you aussies or euro types get a cheery phone call from an aspiring triathlete in Pittsburgh, tell dude to give me back my phone!

2003-11-24 6:25 AM
in reply to: #2002

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Subject: RE: good rides gone bad!
That really bites!!!! I guess if you look at the positive side, at least you got in a good ride.
2003-11-24 6:57 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2003-11-24 10:41 AM

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Well that sucks! Sorry about your bad experience. I always carry a house key (all training from there) after getting locked out once and had to wait an hour for wife to get back from taking kids to school :-O
2003-11-24 12:47 PM

Veteran
Brisbane-Melbourne, Australia
Funny you say that, I got a call from some kid in the states last night saying somthing about a sweet find ! Only joking. Mate that sucks. I always check and re-check during my rides. Hope who ever finds them are honest enought to return them.

Craig
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » good rides gone bad! Rss Feed