United States
REVOLUTION3 Triathlon
Overcast
Total Time = 2h 32m 6s
Overall Rank = 26/183
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/12
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, ate breakfast, drove to race finish area.
Event warmup:

Not much, didn't bring any running shoes with me to T1/Swim start. Stretched and hopped in the water and swam a little bit.
Swim
  • 34m 8s
  • 1640 yards
  • 02m 04s / 100 yards
Comments:

well, a little disappointed by what my calculated pace was since i felt like i swam really well and it certainly didn't feel like my slowest swim pace of any race yet. i am a bit skeptical about the distance based on everyone else's swim times as well though. water was cold, very cold.
What would you do differently?:

get in some additional AM open water swims. the water and air temp had me shivering before the race even started.
Transition 1
  • 02m 48s
Comments:

came out of the water will side cramps, from the cold im guessing, and i walked through this transition, totally disoriented. having to bag things up took a while too.

nothing
Bike
  • 1h 06m
  • 24.85 miles
  • 22.59 mile/hr
Comments:

hopped on my bike and after my almost 3 minute T1 walk and my HR was ~180. wow, i never get that high. other i took it easy and fought to get my HR down the first half of the course though. i had rode the course twice previously, minus the last few miles on a busy road and this time it felt very easy. even the long climbs in the end i hadn't rode didn't bother me.

nothing, hydration/pace/cadence was all good.
Transition 2
  • 00m 45s
Comments:

very smooth. first time unstrapping shoes and hopping off running. went very smooth. got a little held up at the bike racking, i had planned to just walk up and rack the front wheel, but the few bikes that were there were turned around so i ended up doing the same. probably lost ~10 seconds during this decision haha

just rack the bike and go.
Run
  • 47m 30s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 07m 39s  min/mile
Comments:

i hated this course. i was not expecting anything this hilly and twisty. it took a lot of mental effort just to navigate the maze of orange cones and yellow tape. I was shooting for a 7:30 pace, didn't quite get there, but the course wasn't really what i expected. lost two places in my AG on the run.

not really sure, more bricks i guess. looking back i slacked off on bricks the closer i got to my race when i was doing 2-3 a week.
Post race
Warm down:

walked around, went to get my bike and clothes that were delivered from T1. curled up in a ball in my transition spot for about 15 minutes contemplating throwing up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

temperature. when i saw the sun wanting to break the clouds i was ecstatic. i welcomed a full sun run to warm me up, didn't happen though. i felt i swam well, biked well, and ran as best i could given the course.

Event comments:

There were a lot of last minute changes to the courses. Especially the run course where the whole thing was changed the day before the race. The four lane road which was really busy was not coned off when i got to it but i got to watch the guy pull up in a van and start throwing cones every where as i road by. No one seemed to know the correct start times for the Oly either or what time T1 closed for us. Lack of coordination Rev3's part. the 70.3 seemed to be pretty well run though, and the busy road appeared to be nicely coned off by the time they all got around to there.

Last updated: 2012-08-14 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:34:08 | 1640 yards | 02m 04s / 100yards
Age Group: 7/12
Overall: 63/183
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course: counter clockwise loop around a point
Start type: Run Plus: Shot
Water temp: 67F / 19C Current: Low
200M Perf. Good Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 02:48
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
01:06:00 | 24.85 miles | 22.59 mile/hr
Age Group: 2/12
Overall: 0/183
Performance: Good
Wind:
Course: rolling hills
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:45
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Good
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Bad
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:47:30 | 06.21 miles | 07m 39s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/12
Overall: 0/183
Performance: Average
Course: roller coaster from hell.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2012-10-15 8:37 AM

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: Rev3 Anderson - Olympic Rev

2012-10-15 9:21 AM
in reply to: #4453793

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Rev3 Anderson - Olympic Rev
Great job sticking it out. I was frusterated with T1 as well. The weather was acutally better than last year. Run course did bite.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rev3 Anderson - Olympic Rev Rss Feed