Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 4h 38m
  • 26.2 miles
  • 10m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

So you saw my summary by e-mail. I just uploaded the Garmin data, and . . . well . . . yeah . . . I definitely went out too fast. The knee knocked me out, but I didn't do myself any favors by my level of effort for the first half of the race. What can I say? It was fun, and I felt good. I guess I set up the worst hour and forty-five minutes running of my life with the most fun three hours of running in my life. Feeling better about the whole experience now. I learned a lot.

P.S. Just looked more closely at the splits. Take a look at mile 13. Big whoops. I remember that spot on the course. As I approached the turn from Franklin onto Adams, there was a *huge* crowd of people at the corner, just standing there. In an ill-conveieved act of bravado, I started waving my arms (the arms-straight, palms-up, double-lateral-shoulder-raise, get-the-crowd-going kind of wave) and yelling "COME ON!! COME ON!! LET'S HEAR IT!! MAKE SOME NOISE!!!" or something like that. I remember powering through the turn and accelerating a bit before feeling kind of light-headed. (that was the 8:23 mile that I had no business running) So much fun, but so, so, so stupid. Live and learn!
Post race

Last updated: 2012-07-13 12:00 AM
Running
04:38:00 | 26.2 miles | 10m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: