General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Glad to be here! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-24 12:56 PM

New user

Subject: Glad to be here!
Back in January I almost died from diabetic problems I didn't know I had.  Dr said exercise.  Could barely walk when I got out of the hospital.  Started by walking, did that until I got my strength back.  Bought a bike and started riding it everywhere, got stronger.  Saw a piece on the Olympics about a 71 year old man that ran a marathon a day for an entire year.  Felt like a real wuss after that.  Started running the next day.  I'm a massage therapist.  I have a client that's a triathlete.  Got to talking to her about it.  Figured I'm already biking and running, might as well swim too.  That was where I was 2 months ago.  I can swim 2 miles now without batting an eye.  Got my biking up to 25 miles and run a 5k every Tuesday and a 10k every Thursday.  I am dying to see what this program has in store for me.  My target is Ironman.  If your gonna set a goal, aim high.  Its an honor to meet you, and I will see you at an Ironman some day.

2012-10-26 9:52 PM
in reply to: #4467277

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Glad to be here!

Thats a great turnaround.  You have come far in less than a year.  Do you have any races singled out next year?

Again, congrats on turning your health around.

2012-10-26 10:31 PM

User image

Expert
McAllen
Thats crazy! Keep it up I'm an over-shooter too its the best way to keep your working drive nice and high. Long ways to go? Long hard effort to push. Anything less and you won't get there!
2012-10-29 7:17 AM

User image

Expert

dream_wvr - 2012-10-24 12:56 PM Back in January I almost died from diabetic problems I didn't know I had.  Dr said exercise.  Could barely walk when I got out of the hospital.  Started by walking, did that until I got my strength back.  Bought a bike and started riding it everywhere, got stronger.  Saw a piece on the Olympics about a 71 year old man that ran a marathon a day for an entire year.  Felt like a real wuss after that.  Started running the next day.  I'm a massage therapist.  I have a client that's a triathlete.  Got to talking to her about it.  Figured I'm already biking and running, might as well swim too.  That was where I was 2 months ago.  I can swim 2 miles now without batting an eye.  Got my biking up to 25 miles and run a 5k every Tuesday and a 10k every Thursday.  I am dying to see what this program has in store for me.  My target is Ironman.  If your gonna set a goal, aim high.  Its an honor to meet you, and I will see you at an Ironman some day.

Way to make the most of the opportunity life offered to turn your health around.  

Good luck making your ironman dream a reality!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Glad to be here! Rss Feed