Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Bribie - first ever tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: kaqphin, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-28 7:36 PM

Subject: Bribie - first ever tri

hi all,

A few weeks back I decided to do a tri as a new challenge and it's turned into something fun. I am doing the Bribie Tri race 2 as my initiation to it all. So I'm posting this seeking some sort of tips or reviews of past races, any help I can get with knowing what to expect?

Training tips? Course information? Flat, hilly, windy?

2012-10-29 6:13 AM
in reply to: #4472750

Brisbane, Australia
Subject: RE: Bribie - first ever tri

Hi Prizna,

The Bribie Series are good fun races that always get a good turn out - especially of first timers. You'll love it.

The swim is most always current assisted with the tide in the passage so it's great if you're not the strongest swimmer. Occasionally there are a few problems wit jellyfish during the swim but it's not a big deal. It just tends to be a bit of a wierd feeling more than anything when/if you run into one.

Bike is nice and flat on good smooth roads. Plenty of roundabouts to break up the ride and make it interesting but it also tends to mess up your rhythm at times as well. It is an island after all so it can be windy at times but because the races are on early morning it is never a major problem.

The run is also flat and straight forward. As for training, there's no big secrets, just be consistent over a good period of time and try and get a minimum of two sessions per sport per week - more if you have the time/energy.

Above all, have fun - you'll have a ball. Let us know how you get on.

2012-11-01 12:23 AM
in reply to: #4472750

Subject: RE: Bribie - first ever tri
thanks for the heads up. will post a race review in a few weeks.
New Thread
Australian Triathlon Forum Queensland » Bribie - first ever tri Rss Feed