General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is the best job/business for a Triathlete? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-11-08 8:44 PM
in reply to: #4486944

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mayberry
Subject: RE: What is the best job/business for a Triathlete?

I have a buddy (non triathlete) who's a county EMS guy.  Works 4 24/hr shifts a month for a darn good salary and insurance.  spends his downtime as a professional photographer--that's a good gig too.

2012-11-08 9:13 PM
in reply to: #4486944

User image

Veteran
Maple Grove
Subject: RE: What is the best job/business for a Triathlete?
Hospitalist/ICU physician? For me work is very hit-or-miss. I work 7 days on, 7 days off. Obviously, the week off at a time is helpful for training.  My youngest of 3 kids started full day pre-K this year, so my weekdays are wide open.  My weeks on alternate between day shifts and night shifts.  I frequently sleep for part or all of the night when I'm on nights, so I'm not toasted during the day and can train then. My weeks of days tend to be brutal (8-5, 1 hour commute round trip, then finishing up charts at home for 2-3 hours each night). There are usually big gaps in training during the day shifts, but I try to line this up with "taper" or recovery weeks in the training schedule. The pay is good, so the toys are up to date. Major limiter there is what my wife will actually let me buy.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is the best job/business for a Triathlete? Rss Feed  

of 3