2012-11-10 6:54 PM
in reply to: #4493253

User image

Subject: RE: Pepper Spray/Stun Guns
PatsyID - 2012-11-10 4:04 PM
crusevegas - 2012-11-10 2:09 PM
Left Brain - 2012-11-08 8:54 PM
crusevegas - 2012-11-08 10:48 PM

Here is a site for sabre that has the stuff we use. I have had a couple of big dogs come after me and it's put them in reverse very quickly.

We have the model #P-22 0C     ,,,,   22grams

They have a couple of options, a little Velcro strap so it fits and stays in your hand and a pocket clip thing like a pen clip. I've used the pen clip on my tri bike by taking off the arm pad putting the clip under the pad and the pepper spray going under the metal part of the arm pad, works a lot better than i thought it would. Anyway that size is very easy to carry and seems to be quite effective. We've both unfortunately had to use it and it's very easy for it to get on your fingers, eventually you will wipe your face,,,, and get some in your eyes.,,, Oh, don't forget to put the arm pad back on before you go ride.

there are a lot of other styles/systems that Sabre offers as well.

I like the pepper spray better than the Tazer option, less liability, less of a threat needed to pull the trigger between the two.

I would suggest that if you do have to use even the pepper spray, you should contact the local PD to file a report as a way of CYA.

Good luck and welcome back!!

I don't know what your use of force policy is, but ours has Pepper Spray right after soft-hand controls....as a way of reducing injury down to nearly zero.  It's worked great.  But we sure end up spraying alot of people.

Not a LEO so but for dogs if they are approaching in a fast &/or aggressive manner, they will get sprayed. So far that has been effective. For humans I've not been in that situation yet, I would have to feel as if I would be harmed if I didn't and they would probably have to be within an arms length if they were unarmed.  Every situation is different but those are my guidelines.

Jim, that's probably true for a man but as a woman, if a man comes at me I sure as sh*t am not waiting till the a-hole is arms length away, just sayin Wink. Ok, carry on.

Patsy I completely agree and understand. I was just responding from a personal pov.  Hopefully neither of will ever be in that situation.

2012-11-10 10:26 PM
in reply to: #4491216

User image

Pro
Iowaman - 2012-11-09 6:34 AM

GomesBolt - 2012-11-08 10:03 PM Correct me if I'm wrong, but pepper spray doesn't work on someone who's hopped up on meth does it?

I think that was one of the drawbacks. Another being that if you don't note the direction of the wind when spraying it, you gas yourself. In the corps, if we were going to use pepper, we had to have it used on us... PS is like CS Gas on steroids. Luckily, I didn't get tazed.

It's better than a stick and a gun has many drawbacks. Not the least of which is setting it down somewhere.

I know PS works on dogs and bears (as per Outside Magazine).

Maybe a hat that says "I'm packing a Smith and Wesson!" would help deter weirdos.

True. Pepper spray does not work on people using meth, cocaine, crack cocaine and even some people who are mentally disturbed I seen first hand right right through several sprays like it was just water being sprayed on them.b But I have also seen being using these same drugs fight through being tasered.

In 26 years I have not seen that to be true.  Some people are less sensitive than others....but I've seen plenty of people under the influence of the drugs you named dropped in their tracks by pepper spray.  

The only drug I've ever seen someone fight through a tazer is PCP.....cocaine, NO WAY.  Meth....I could possibly see it, but I've never actually seen it.

2012-11-10 10:26 PM
in reply to: #4491216

User image

Pro
Iowaman - 2012-11-09 6:34 AM

GomesBolt - 2012-11-08 10:03 PM Correct me if I'm wrong, but pepper spray doesn't work on someone who's hopped up on meth does it?

I think that was one of the drawbacks. Another being that if you don't note the direction of the wind when spraying it, you gas yourself. In the corps, if we were going to use pepper, we had to have it used on us... PS is like CS Gas on steroids. Luckily, I didn't get tazed.

It's better than a stick and a gun has many drawbacks. Not the least of which is setting it down somewhere.

I know PS works on dogs and bears (as per Outside Magazine).

Maybe a hat that says "I'm packing a Smith and Wesson!" would help deter weirdos.

True. Pepper spray does not work on people using meth, cocaine, crack cocaine and even some people who are mentally disturbed I seen first hand right right through several sprays like it was just water being sprayed on them.b But I have also seen being using these same drugs fight through being tasered.

In 26 years I have not seen that to be true.  Some people are less sensitive than others....but I've seen plenty of people under the influence of the drugs you named affected by pepper spray.  

The only drug I've ever seen someone fight through a tazer is PCP.....cocaine, NO WAY.  Meth....I could possibly see it, but I've never actually seen it.

Edited by Left Brain 2012-11-10 10:28 PM
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Pepper Spray/Stun Guns Rss Feed  

of 2