General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 9

2013-08-27 12:09 PM
in reply to: Fred D

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: Ironman Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread
Originally posted by Fred D

Seriously (insane) debating doing this in 2014..... Hmmm

DO IT FRED!!!

2013-08-28 4:51 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2013-09-01 7:53 PM

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by dmbfan4life20
Originally posted by Fred D Seriously (insane) debating doing this in 2014..... Hmmm
DO IT FRED!!!

ORDER DETAILS
Order date: August 28, 2013

2014 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant

Congratulations! You are now registered for the 2014 Subaru IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://ironmanmonttremblant.com/

RaceDate: August 17th, 2014

Please notify [email protected] immediately if your race information changes.

I am very glad to hear this.

Matt came back from MT very psyched about it and put a bug in my ear. Last Sunday night, I pulled the trigger. I'm motivated/terrified/thrilled all at once. My kids are going bananas over it.

We have no experience with the area, and will be relying on this thread and some pm's for condo advice. May as well put this out there: anyone interested in splitting a condo? My kids are sweet and well-behaved, smart and funny. You know, just like me.

2013-09-02 10:42 AM
in reply to: TheClaaaw

2013-09-02 8:08 PM

Elite
Calgary,AB,Canada
I'm in now as well.

3rd IM, but first time at IMMT.
Took it relativity easy this summer, so Looking forward to the coming year.
2013-09-03 7:29 AM
in reply to: TrevorC

Hi Everyone. I'm in for Ironman Mont Tremblant. If successful, this will be my third Ironman. I've done 11 half Irons. I signed up for 4 full Iron's but only completed 2. So this is officially my 5th time signing up. Damn I've given a lot of money to WTC

2013-09-03 12:00 PM
in reply to: Dream Chaser

2013-09-03 4:22 PM
in reply to: Qua17

Originally posted by Qua17

I'm in... I had a rough 2013 and am really looking forward to do this!

First beer is on me! God I love beer in Canada! Dieu de Ciel is my favorite. Le Barbiere is a close second.

Question from a dumb american... how is Tremblant pronounced?

Pronounce it Trom Blon
2013-09-09 10:10 AM
in reply to: slowbuthappy

New user
I'm in. This is my 3rd IM. My goal is to not walk the marathon.

I don't have a coach. In the past used the Don Fink 30-weeks plan (a blend of Just Finish and Intermediate). Will be using it again with a focus on the Run this time.

For IMMT, I plan on compressing down to 25 or 20 weeks. I don't plan on visiting the pool or re-activate trainer road until Mid Feb.

The rest of this year will be focusing on transitioning into Newton running. I've gone thru a month. Calfs and achilles are better now but the PF are still pretty sore in the morning. I've gone as long as 7 miles. Best case would be to run a half in the fall in them. Worst case would be PF get worst and dumping the $150 shoes in the trash. I like how they look and I feel fast running in them. I think they could help me with my goal of not walking the marathon.
2013-09-10 7:02 AM
in reply to: #4493318

5,000 miles from home
Bon jour!
Hope everyone is doing well, ready to start training!

I planned on retiring from IM distance after Lake Placid...but this course looked so nice I could not resist joining the party.

Looking forward to a great 2014 season and getting to know everyone in the group.

Lani
2013-09-12 7:06 PM

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Flks, I a, running into trouble booking. We are only looking for a place for 2 adults (maybe 4) and 2 kids. I'm using vrbo to find properties. The places in pedestrian village are gone, or way, way beyond our budget. I found a small condo for a great rate with awesome amenities but it's not in the village. I understand that race day is difficult for families not in the village. So I am left trying to figure out how to secure a nice week long vacation with annoyances on race day, and how annoying.

If a property says they have shuttles to the slopes, does this mean it's likely we would be able to get a ride to at least close enough, with the road closures on race day? Is it absolutely necessary to be in the pedestrian village?

2013-09-13 1:16 PM

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
I'm in, this will be my second one and first at MT. I just completed my first IM this past weekend in Wisconsin. Looking forward to doing MT.
2013-09-13 5:21 PM
in reply to: strikyr

Expert
Please allow me to share something a little personal that I think is pretty cool.

So I signed up to do IMMT as a way of raising money for the rehab hospital where my son recovered after falling out of a window. It was pretty rough going but the hospital (Franciscan's Children's in Boston) performed a miracle and my son came home 3 months later. So, this september will mark the tenth anniversary of the fall and Jacob is doing very well. So, I have been working with the hospital to raise the money and they have a doctor there who has finished 9 IM. When he heard what I was doing, he decided to sign up so we could do the race together. The doctor has also offered to help me with my training. This will be my first, so I will need all the help I can get. How awesome is that!
2013-09-13 8:15 PM
in reply to: Qua17

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by Qua17

Please allow me to share something a little personal that I think is pretty cool.

So I signed up to do IMMT as a way of raising money for the rehab hospital where my son recovered after falling out of a window. It was pretty rough going but the hospital (Franciscan's Children's in Boston) performed a miracle and my son came home 3 months later. So, this september will mark the tenth anniversary of the fall and Jacob is doing very well. So, I have been working with the hospital to raise the money and they have a doctor there who has finished 9 IM. When he heard what I was doing, he decided to sign up so we could do the race together. The doctor has also offered to help me with my training. This will be my first, so I will need all the help I can get. How awesome is that!

That is awesome. I got a tremendous amount of help from several friends who've done Ironman races. I would really listen to what the Dr. has to say and take adavantage of his experience. I'd also take advantage of the opportunity to train with him. The guys who helped me offered great insight and advice on training and preparing for my Ironman as well as how to properly execute. I trained with them as well. I was a good student and took their advice and I had a great day this past Sunday finishing my first one. Glad to hear that your son is doing well too.
2013-09-14 8:58 AM

Master
Crab Cake City
Originally posted by TheClaaaw

Originally posted by dmbfan4life20
Originally posted by Fred D Seriously (insane) debating doing this in 2014..... Hmmm
DO IT FRED!!!

ORDER DETAILS
Order date: August 28, 2013

2014 IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant

Congratulations! You are now registered for the 2014 Subaru IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://ironmanmonttremblant.com/

RaceDate: August 17th, 2014

Please notify [email protected] immediately if your race information changes.

I am very glad to hear this.

Matt came back from MT very psyched about it and put a bug in my ear. Last Sunday night, I pulled the trigger. I'm motivated/terrified/thrilled all at once. My kids are going bananas over it.

We have no experience with the area, and will be relying on this thread and some pm's for condo advice. May as well put this out there: anyone interested in splitting a condo? My kids are sweet and well-behaved, smart and funny. You know, just like me.

I volunteered this year and am officially in for 2014!!! this will be my first full IM and am super excited. I look forward to racing with all you guys/gals next year and meeting some other BTer's.
2013-09-27 9:04 AM
in reply to: Keaulani

New user
Hi all,

I signed up for Challenge Atlantic City 7 weeks prior to IMMT. I have done 2 IM races 6 months apart each time using the Fink 30 week Intermediate plan. Any one experienced in doing 2 IM races within a short period of time? How does the training week in terms of volume look like between those races? I think there should be a mini-build. 7 week is too long a period to just go easy between races.

2013-09-27 9:18 AM

Pro
Wisconsin near the Twin Cities metro
Originally posted by TheClaaaw Flks, I a, running into trouble booking. We are only looking for a place for 2 adults (maybe 4) and 2 kids. I'm using vrbo to find properties. The places in pedestrian village are gone, or way, way beyond our budget. I found a small condo for a great rate with awesome amenities but it's not in the village. I understand that race day is difficult for families not in the village. So I am left trying to figure out how to secure a nice week long vacation with annoyances on race day, and how annoying.

If a property says they have shuttles to the slopes, does this mean it's likely we would be able to get a ride to at least close enough, with the road closures on race day? Is it absolutely necessary to be in the pedestrian village?

You won't be able to get super close to the finish line via the shuttle on race day due to road closures.  And no, it is not absolutely necessary to be in the ped village.  The past 2 years we have stayed at a condo in the Les Manoires area which is off of Ch. Duplessis and not too bad a walk via a bike trail from the condo area.  Even on race morning the walk is no problem at all.  Personally, I would rather by away from all the hype/nervous tension of the ped village for those few days.

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Mont-Tremblant : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 9