Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 3h 19m 44s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 07m 37s  min/mile
Comments:

Was feeling kinda 'bleh' at the start. Worried for some reason. A little heavy from a big dinner the night before. But kept pretty good time, I think an average of 7:19 through the first 17 or 18 miles...then I got lost. No clue where or how it happened, but ended up by myself for 2 or 3 miles. Ran into a highschool XC kid out for a long run and he ran me back to the course, thankful for him. Ran against the flow of runners bc he brought me to the finish line. Ended up doing an extra 1.25ish miles bc I didn't realize that the marathon and half marathon had different routes leading up to the finish. Somewhat frustrated, but reminded myself how blessed I am to be out there and got er done. I ran for prolly 5 miles without fluids (bc I was lost, then there weren't any aid stations nearby when I got back on course). Started cramping in my quads (which never happens). Ended up walking several times in the final 5 miles. Some due to cramps/lack of fluid, some due to starting too fast. I stopped the Garmin at 26.47 (the extra .27 bc Garmins underestimate distance) and my time was 3:19:44. The finish was not nearly as strong as I would have liked, some due to losing my mental edge when I realized I was lost, some just due to lack of willpower to force through it.
Praise God though for a great weekend, good fellowship and many conversations about Christ. Thankful for the body of believers and God's grace which is new every morning. Praying for the Spirit and boldness to proclaim Christ and make disciples back at AU.
What would you do differently?:

Eat less the night before
Not get lost.
Post race

Last updated: 2012-10-09 12:00 AM
Running
03:19:44 | 26.2 miles | 07m 37s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking