General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is the proper etiquette for using Ironman Branded gear? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2012-11-15 10:22 PM
in reply to: #4495994

User image

Regular
Boulder, CO
Subject: RE: What is the proper etiquette for using Ironman Branded gear?

For me, last year I was training for IM MOO and had a zip-t that said IM MOO (not 'finisher', no year) that I wore many times in spring and early summer.  People would ask me if I'd done the race, and I'd say I was training for it, and everything seemed copacetic.

Then I  DNF'd IM MOO '11 because of a big crash, and somehow finishing a race doesn't seem important if you're unconscious and have broken parts.  After that, I did NOT wear that zip-t, nor the polo I bought at the expo before the race (again, not 'finisher', no year).  Trained again for IM MOO this year, never ever wore the zip-t, didn't want to tell the whole story (although I seem to tell it at the drop of a hat, so really maybe I thought this time I seemed like a poser).

Had a lovely race at IM MOO '12, and now I consider everything fair game to wear (but I only have IM MOO stuff).  In fact, my race bracelet isn't off yet, since I said I was leaving it on until it came off of its own accord.  I thought that'd take a month or so, now it's been over two months, and I might have to reconsider that and get out the scissors.  Or maybe not :-).

But hey, I'm pretty cool with anyone wearing whatever they want.  Somehow I am NOT cool with anyone calling themselves and Ironman if they haven't completed a 140.6, or calling a 70.3 an Ironman, but my hangup...

Edited by PrudenceR 2012-11-15 10:24 PM

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is the proper etiquette for using Ironman Branded gear? Rss Feed  

of 4