General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Support Group Wanted: Starting New Year's Resolution NOW Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2012-12-09 7:27 AM
in reply to: #4508767

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Support Group Wanted: Starting New Year's Resolution NOW

I had a really poor week.  I've gained a few pounds. 

Back at it this week with detours for Holiday potluck at work on Thursday and trip to NYC on Saturday.  I hope I can lose 1lb this week. 

The following week should be OK as far as distractions/diversions go.  Then Christmas will be 2 days of different foods then right back on track.  This is my plan.  I need to stick to it.

2012-12-10 9:18 AM

User image

Pro
Houston

Really good week of eating for me. We had 2 holiday parties Saturday and I didn't have one sweet thing! Only had one very small glass of wine.  Half marathon yesterday and I agree with the PP that after a strenuous workout or race your body retains water and I know I am swollen today. Hoping by weigh in Wednesday everything has settled.

2012-12-10 11:18 AM
in reply to: #4528986

Veteran
Honolulu
KeriKadi - 2012-12-10 9:18 AM

Really good week of eating for me. We had 2 holiday parties Saturday and I didn't have one sweet thing! Only had one very small glass of wine.  Half marathon yesterday and I agree with the PP that after a strenuous workout or race your body retains water and I know I am swollen today. Hoping by weigh in Wednesday everything has settled.

How did you do on your half marathon? I felt swollen after mines for 3 days. I also think it's from carbo loading beforehand. Yes the holiday celebrations make it hard to be good, coupled with it being off season and no real races planned, easier to stray off path. I'm drinking way more this month than I did all year but fortunately martinis aren't so bad calorie and carb wise LOL. You know how there's always a platter of veggies that looks so boring compared to the rest of the spread, now that's my go to. Just gotta choose right, just sample a little of everything vs piles of food.
2012-12-10 4:58 PM
in reply to: #4529203

User image

Pro
Houston
HonoluluAngel - 2012-12-10 11:18 AM
KeriKadi - 2012-12-10 9:18 AM

How did you do on your half marathon? I felt swollen after mines for 3 days. I also think it's from carbo loading beforehand. 

Meh, it was OK, not great, thanks for asking.  I slept in my recovery tights last night, hate to think how I would feel without them.  I went to hot yoga this morning so hopefully sweat out a bit of the liquid carbs (gatorade, cytomax). I didn't carb load too much before the race just some sushi but my husband made pasta last night and I had some of that.  Telling myself I will be OK if the scale doesn't move as long as it doesn't go up.

Edited by KeriKadi 2012-12-10 4:58 PM
2012-12-10 10:01 PM

User image

Expert
Gilbert

Good news and Bad news. 

The Bad news is that i was on another eating/drinking binge this weekend.  Cookie Exchange, Christmas party equaled lots of calories. 

The Good news is that I think I've been so good at eating clean during the week, it has been balancing out over the weekend.  I got back down to my preVegas weight by Wednesday.  As of this morning I had only gained 1 pound from teh weekend.  Plus I think I feel grosser faster so I probably am not eating AS bad as I think I am. 

I had a great bike ride this weekend.  Only 20 miles but we averaged about 17 mph.  This was the longest and best ride I've had since my back injury.  Felt great to be back on the bike.  I didn't get much exercise in the remainder of teh weekend but I'm moving WAY more than I ahve been.  I'm not going to beat myself up.  One day at a time. 

2012-12-10 10:03 PM
in reply to: #4523174

User image

Expert
Gilbert
KeriKadi - 2012-12-05 10:18 AM

Can I join in?

43 years old, 5'9" started at 160.  My goal is to lose 10 by March and 15 by May.  I am signed up for IMAZ and want to be at my goal weight before the training gets heavy. I don't expect to lose any during IM training so I want to be happy where I am before.  A week ago I started writing down everything I eat on my BT logs and just bought a scale yesterday.  Also blogging and posting on FB for accountability.  www.MamaTris.blogspot.com

I am not technically eliminating anything, that always makes me feel deprived. Instead I am trying to plan in advance, eat out less and stop the mindless snacking.

Welcome!  I'm happy to answer any questions you have about IMAZ.  I finished in 2010 and am local. 

2012-12-11 8:15 AM
in reply to: #4530138

User image

Pro
Houston
~ AZ Sunshine ~ - 2012-12-10 10:03 PM
KeriKadi - 2012-12-05 10:18 AM

Can I join in?

43 years old, 5'9" started at 160.  My goal is to lose 10 by March and 15 by May.  I am signed up for IMAZ and want to be at my goal weight before the training gets heavy. I don't expect to lose any during IM training so I want to be happy where I am before.  A week ago I started writing down everything I eat on my BT logs and just bought a scale yesterday.  Also blogging and posting on FB for accountability.  www.MamaTris.blogspot.com

I am not technically eliminating anything, that always makes me feel deprived. Instead I am trying to plan in advance, eat out less and stop the mindless snacking.

Welcome!  I'm happy to answer any questions you have about IMAZ.  I finished in 2010 and am local. 

Thanks. My Dad actually lives in Gilbert, sister in Cave Creek and oldest son in Phenix. However I only lived there as a kid so don't know much about it. I am sure I will have plenty of questions over the next 11 months or so.

2012-12-11 9:55 AM

User image

Expert

Hi everyone!  My mom was visiting this weekend so we ate out a lot, which is definitely my downfall (well, that and wine).  I've been keeping up with workouts though so I feel good about that.  I have a typical pattern where I gain 1-2# over the weekend, have a high weight on Monday morning, and then lose the same 1-2# over the week, and then start all over again .  Anyone else with a similar problem?  Anyone overcome this??  Unfortunately my husband really likes to eat out, and because of our son's practice schedule we are often waiting for him at practice over dinner time.  I had gotten in to the habit of going to the gym instead of out to eat, and my husband finally joined the same gym, so I am hoping that will take care of all but Friday nights.  I figure if we only eat out Friday and eat at home the rest of the time we'll be in much better shape (literally).

Shoulder is still sore but I'm working at it and they promise me it's not serious .  

I'm just starting my half-marathon training- just base-building for now- so I'm very impressed with those of you who just did them!

2012-12-11 7:05 PM
in reply to: #4530137

User image

Master
Central Kansas
~ AZ Sunshine ~ - 2012-12-10 10:01 PM

Good news and Bad news. 

The Bad news is that i was on another eating/drinking binge this weekend.  Cookie Exchange, Christmas party equaled lots of calories. 

The Good news is that I think I've been so good at eating clean during the week, it has been balancing out over the weekend.  I got back down to my preVegas weight by Wednesday.  As of this morning I had only gained 1 pound from teh weekend.  Plus I think I feel grosser faster so I probably am not eating AS bad as I think I am. 

I had a great bike ride this weekend.  Only 20 miles but we averaged about 17 mph.  This was the longest and best ride I've had since my back injury.  Felt great to be back on the bike.  I didn't get much exercise in the remainder of teh weekend but I'm moving WAY more than I ahve been.  I'm not going to beat myself up.  One day at a time. 

I think that is more good than bad news. I am also trying to relax, eat what I know is good with as few cheats as possible, and stick to it. I need to look at the big picture rather than the day to day or week to week.
2012-12-12 8:00 AM

User image

Pro
Houston
Today was weigh in Wednesday. Honestly I don't know how I could have eaten better and my training was pretty good as well. I didn't lose a single pound. I told myself I'd be ok as long as I didn't gain but it still pizzes me off! Keep reminding myself to look at the big picture. My goal is 10 pounds by March, I have lost 4, I have time and want to do this right. /pitty party
2012-12-12 12:13 PM

User image

Fairfax, VA
Bronze member
I'd like to join in also!  I'm coming off a broken foot (since October) and am slowly getting back into exercise.  I have been working upper body only for the past 8 weeks but just got cleared to start walking again (had MRI this morning and will get results on Monday).  

My goal is to lose 30 pounds by my next triathlon in June.  I also have a portion control problem that I need to work on.  I've started logging my food with Lose It because I like their app for my phone.

2012-12-12 3:48 PM
in reply to: #4532429

User image

Master
Central Kansas
jenstewey - 2012-12-12 12:13 PM
I'd like to join in also!  I'm coming off a broken foot (since October) and am slowly getting back into exercise.  I have been working upper body only for the past 8 weeks but just got cleared to start walking again (had MRI this morning and will get results on Monday).  

My goal is to lose 30 pounds by my next triathlon in June.  I also have a portion control problem that I need to work on.  I've started logging my food with Lose It because I like their app for my phone.

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your foot, but it's good news that you are cleared to walk again. I just started logging my food/exercise with myfitnesspal. The important thing is to log, in my opinion; otherwise, the snacking can catch up with you. I didn't realize how many calories I was consuming with "snacking," more than some meals I was eating.

2012-12-17 8:53 AM

User image

Expert

Happy Monday everyone!  

I got runs in on Saturday and Sunday, so I was pretty happy. Weigh is basically stable at 134.6, but that's not bad for a Monday morning.  I was pretty careful with eating over the weekend.  I go on service this week though, which means lots of stress, so hopefully I can keep it up.  

2012-12-19 9:17 AM

User image

Pro
Houston

It's been a rough week for me and I would imagine some of you as well.  Mentally I'm just not in a great/focused place.

So the eating hasn't been great, not horrible but not great.

Today was weigh in Wednesday, I lost  a pound so I'll take it considering.

2012-12-19 11:00 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
I'm trying to lose closer to 25 lbs ( though now that I'm back to the 50 lbs lost, I've now only got 20 to go ) by ramping up my activity level a bit now that the training phases are starting for my june HIM as well as eating cleaner, really increasing the fresh fruits and vegetable levels I am taking in.
2012-12-26 9:47 PM

User image

Pro
Houston
Bump. Honestly forgot weigh in Wednesday this morning. Considering the holiday I just might wait until next Wednesdy.

2012-12-28 8:27 AM

Massachusetts

I'm in, but I rally need help. I THINK my diet is pretty good/clean. I have trying to lose 10-15lbs but I just can't seem to lose it.   

Breakfast: either a banana w/p-butter or oatmeal with fruit or a couple eggs

Snacks: fruit, cheesestick sometimes

Lunch: rolled up cold cuts

Snack: cheesestick, clementine

Random snacks: 1/4 cup sunflower seeds with dry cherries/bluberries/walnuts

Dinner: A form of protein with vegis

I don't know if I'm not eating enough or not ? Iwill continue to weigh in on Wednesdays. 

2013-01-03 10:23 AM
in reply to: #4551307

User image

Pro
Houston
midessa7 - 2012-12-28 8:27 AM

I'm in, but I rally need help. I THINK my diet is pretty good/clean. I have trying to lose 10-15lbs but I just can't seem to lose it.   

Breakfast: either a banana w/p-butter or oatmeal with fruit or a couple eggs

Snacks: fruit, cheesestick sometimes

Lunch: rolled up cold cuts

Snack: cheesestick, clementine

Random snacks: 1/4 cup sunflower seeds with dry cherries/bluberries/walnuts

Dinner: A form of protein with vegis

I don't know if I'm not eating enough or not ? Iwill continue to weigh in on Wednesdays. 

I'd say you need more food and maybe a bit more fat.

I did the same thing - I started recording what I was eating and didn't eat enough, the weight stuck, added in more calories and lost 3 pounds.

Unfortunately I gained 2 over the holidays. I'd like to lose those 2 plus 3 more by the end of the month.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Support Group Wanted: Starting New Year's Resolution NOW Rss Feed  

of 3