General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Flovilla, Georgia
United States
Blue Sky Sports
Overcast
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = Athena
Age Group Rank = 0/10
Pre-race routine:

Ate a cinnamon raisin bagel and had a protien shake. Tried to drink as much water as possible.
Event warmup:

I just got in the water a little bit before the race start.
Swim
  • 17m 44s
  • 656 yards
  • 02m 42s / 100 yards
Comments:

My swim was the worst part of this race. I got hit the entire way. There was a girl that I kept trying to get away from but I think she was following me. She was doing some sort of frog kick and every time that foot went out, it hit me somewhere. I also got punched in the head a few times, once really hard by a novice from the wave behind me. The start of the race was the worst. I couldn't get my breathing down and almost panicked. Once I got about 200 meters out, I calmed down and just plodded and fought along.
Transition 1
  • 01m 10s
Comments:

I had a great spot in the transition area. Though I still had to run the length of the transition area to get to it..but it was right next to the bike exit. At least I didn't have to run in my bike cleats.
What would you do differently?:

nothing
Bike
  • 45m 12s
  • 12.8 miles
  • 16.99 mile/hr
Comments:

I felt pretty good about the bike. I probably could have done better, but it is such an improvement since the beginning of the season.
What would you do differently?:

go faster
Transition 2
  • 01m 20s
Comments:

I have been having problems with blisters on my feet so I wore some old running shoes that I thought wouldn't bother me. This was a good choice. I also decided to wear socks which I think helped as well but took time in the transition. My feet were still wet so getting the socks on was tough, but not so much so that I regret it.
Run
  • 29m 39s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 34s  min/mile
Comments:

This is the best run I have done in a triathlon so far. I decided that I didn't want to walk (I did walk as I was drinking through two water stations, but I started running almost immediately after two or three sips of water). It was really hilly but I kept telling myself that I could do it. I am pleased with the run - I know I can do it now and will go faster from now on.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate bagel and 2 (yes 2) bananas. Walked around and talked to other competitors.

Event comments:

It took a while for the results to be posted and then they weren't divided into categories. I guess since I have been to 3 other of the tri the parks races and they have had results posted almost immediately after I cross the finish line, I was a bit spoiled. This was a pretty big race, over 500 competitors. I still got 1st in the Master's athena (old fat chicks) category.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-04-18 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:17:44 | 656 yards | 02m 42s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/10
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 82F / 28C Current:
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Bad Drafting:
Waves: Navigation: Good
Rounding: Average
T1
Time: 01:10
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: Yes
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:45:12 | 12.8 miles | 16.99 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind: None
Course: This was an out and back course. There was a long, not too steep but winding hill as you come out of the park. There were other rolling hills along the way.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:20
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Below average
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:29:39 | 03.1 miles | 09m 34s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: The course started out running around grassy areas between parking lots and roads then went to a road and did some loops around some camping areas. It was pretty hilly.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2006-06-24 4:50 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Peachtree City, GA
Subject: Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park

2006-06-25 8:46 AM
in reply to: #464651

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park
Way to go! Congrats on the gold medal, you're trophy case must be packed!

That was a great run, I'm proud of you. I know your training partner has failed you, but you still keep getting better. And you were great on the bike, too. After the fast 100 we're doing this week you'll be even better. As for the swim, I've found that troublesome competitors will work to avoid you if you hold their head under for just a few seconds.

Keep it up, babe. You are the best.
2006-06-25 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
Woodstock,GA

Kelly,

It was great to see  you and Don yesterday. Keep up the great work, you are kicking some serious bootay this year. 

2006-06-25 11:35 AM

User image

Master
Virginia Beach, VA
Great race!! Congrats on your first place in your group, as a member of the old fat chicks group I applaud you.
2006-06-25 2:25 PM

Extreme Veteran
Hey, great race! Congrats on the hardware! Awesome!!
2006-06-25 4:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Atlanta
I don't know what it was about the swim, it was warm so it should've been okay. Congrats on the hardware.

2006-06-27 12:21 PM

User image

Master
Woodstock
Congrats on the finish and the medal! It was great to meet you- looking foward to seeing you at the ptc race!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri the Parks - Indian Springs State Park Rss Feed