General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CNN Article on Toughest Endurance Events. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-12-03 8:23 AM
in reply to: #4519025

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: CNN Article on Toughest Endurance Events.
cwsiii - 2012-12-03 8:01 AM
TheClaaaw - 2012-11-29 11:10 AM
SurfingLamb - 2012-11-28 5:24 PMThe main difference is that just about anyone on this planet can do a 10k with a few months training.  Most of the population would never be able to handle some of those races.

A good number of the regulars at ST will tell you that simply finishing an IM is so easy that anyone could do it with a couple months training.

I believe once you have finished IMs, particularly, there is a tendency to trivialize how the toughness of the race. In my opinion, this is at leat partly down to the consitent need to basically lie to your self to finish off the months of training, low times, and last few miles of long sessions. At the same time, I bet if you did a survey of people in the T2 training tent or at the halfway point of the run, few are going say it is easy.

X2.  I did my first in september.  Halfway through the run I remember seeing my buddy, who was also racing, and telling him "wow man, you were right, this is hard."  A couple months later I am sitting here reading threads like this thinking to myself that it wasn't so bad afterall.

2012-12-03 9:08 PM
in reply to: #4513936

User image

Extreme Veteran
Brambleton, VA
Subject: RE: CNN Article on Toughest Endurance Events.
A friend of mine is doing the Cape-Epic in South Africa. Incredible. The more you learn what is out there and what people are accomplishing, the ordinary you (I) feel. Pretty cool. I would agree IM is the new marathon.

Edited by swiss tri 2012-12-03 9:09 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » CNN Article on Toughest Endurance Events. Rss Feed  

of 2