General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trainer de-motivation Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2012-12-05 3:22 PM
in reply to: #4520885

User image

Subject: RE: Trainer de-motivation

I hate the trainer intensely, so when it gets very cold I switch to the mountain bike. Below freezing is best, the ground is hard and grippy, but watch out if it warms up. It can turn into a muddy, soupy mess. It's best done early in the AM after the ground freezes overnight.

Actually I ride mtn bikes throughout the seasons, but the road bike sees almost no action unless it's above 50 degrees outside.

2012-12-05 6:00 PM

I have just started with the TrainerRoad product, but it has re-motivated me.

I used to hate sitting on the bike and staring at the TV.  I think it was wasted time because I wouldn't push myself.

With the TrainerRoad product I see on the screen what I am supposed to be accomplishing, so I spend the whole ride trying to perfect it and make sure I am within the stated goals.

Being able to see the results of my workout and saving those results where other people can see them keeps me motivated to ride.

Not sure it will still be that way 6 months from now, but for the time being I am finding it to be a worthwhile tool.

I have been looking for the structured workouts that this product has made available to me.

Scott

2012-12-05 6:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Herriman, Utah
Black Ops 2 and Netflix.
2012-12-05 8:46 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.