General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition Plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-26 10:25 AM

User image

Veteran
BR, Louisiana
Subject: Nutrition Plans
Hi all,

I need advice. I am new to tri, but diets are old hand. I don't really diet in the sense that I am trying to lose weight, but that seems to be the problem. Since I dropped the few pounds I was tring to lose about 3 months ago I am eating sh*t. All the time. Im not gaining weight b/c of the exercise, but I know that this isn't good for me. Just cuz I CAN eat fast food doesn't mean I should. Plus, I am quitting smoking, so I snack constantly (mostly sugar free life savers and jolly ranchers). So to the point, I need a diet plan. Like a training plan, something to regiment my eating. Tell me what to eat each day, or at least give me some structure. Put better fuel in the engine... Where can I find this???

Thanks in advance

Monica

2006-06-26 1:59 PM
in reply to: #465748

User image

Subject: RE: Nutrition Plans

First of all, congrats on deciding to change your eating habits.  Its a hard decision to make and even harder to stick to it.

I have doing ALOT of reading on diet for athletes and I have found a great book that you should pick up.  Its called Food for Fitness, Eat Right to Train Right, by Chris Carmichael.  Chris Carmichael used to be Lance Armstrong's nutritionist when he was training for the Tour de France.  I have found it very informative, and not a bad read either.  Its actually quite entertaining.  He dicussed EVERYTHING you need to know about how to put together a diet that will work best for your level of activity.

He gives great insite into how your muscles work and what kinds of foods you need to eat in order to get the most out of your workouts.  He also gives some great examples of what happens when your body doesn't get what it needs.  (There is a story about Lance that truly confirms my belief that he is one of the greatest athletes that ever lived.)  He even goes as far to praise Gatorade and an occasional Snickers bar, something that some people think are horrible for you.  Pick it up and see what you think!

2006-06-26 2:24 PM
in reply to: #466168

User image

Veteran
BR, Louisiana
Subject: RE: Nutrition Plans
Thanks, thats exactly the kind of info I need.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition Plans Rss Feed