General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does anyone know of a good sports med doc in Victoria, BC? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-19 12:50 AM

User image

New user

Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: Does anyone know of a good sports med doc in Victoria, BC?
Hello - I'm dealing with a chronic S.I. Joint issue that has not gone away despite IMS, massage, acupuncture, copious physio and finally prolotherapy.  Can anyone recommend a good sports med doc in the Victoria area?  I am going a little crazy doing little to no training. Thank you!

2012-12-19 8:05 PM
in reply to: #4540674

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Does anyone know of a good sports med doc in Victoria, BC?

Hi, I haven't lived in Victoria for a fair while so I'm not up to date but my first reaction to your query was, have you tried chiropractic?  Usually it is quite effective for SI problems.

I went to school with Mike Murray, DC years ago and he specializes in sport injury.  I just Googled him and he has an office at #105 - 4400 Chatterton Way.  He lists several sport specialties including mountain biking.

I hope that helps.

BTW - I'm planning to register for the Tour de Victoria in June 2013.

2012-12-19 9:22 PM
in reply to: #4542126

User image

New user

Ottawa, Ontario

Thanks for that - no I haven't tried to fix the SI joint with a chiropracter - hoped to find a solution with the other treatments but so far no luck.  At this point I'm hoping to find a sports med doc to see if they can troubleshoot a solution with me - I'm at the end of my rope.  Regardless, thank you for the reference!

Goodluck on the Tour de Victoria!

2012-12-23 10:43 AM
in reply to: #4540674

User image

Champion
Sports med docs tend to be family physicans, physiatrists or orthopedic surgeons depending on where you live. In Edmonton they are from all 3 paths. You can try to search on the College of Physicans and Surgeons of BC website to try and find one (there is a find a physician link). Otherwise try to call the big sports clinics with physio, massage, etc--some clinics with have an MD directly in the clinic or some will have a doc they refer to because a lot of physio issues involve pain and need for meds or things like cortisone injections. We have something called HealthPoint in Edmonton so there is probably something similar on the island.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Does anyone know of a good sports med doc in Victoria, BC? Rss Feed