BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 97

2012-12-20 1:41 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed

WHEN CAN YOU START MENTORING CONSISTENTLY: Right now!  Let's do this!

GROUP FOCUS: This group is perfect for beer loving people looking to do their first Sprint or Olympic triathons in 2013.  Beer is a great motivator and I'm willing to use it to not only to motivate you but to hold you accountable as well. 

NAME: David or DQ

STORY: Last year, I was weighing in at a portly 270 pounds and knew I needed to find a way of becoming heathier and happier.  So, I started working out with the goal of dropping the weight.  It seemed to take forever, but with support from my mentor group and from the desire to drink good beer, I made steady progress and managed to make working out and eating well a way of life.  For me, its all about being happy and healthy and tri is the perfect way to do it.

FAMILY STATUS: I am blessed to be married to Heidi and during the last 15 years, we've had three kids 12, 10, and 3 (my youngest just got potty trained - merry Christmas to me!!!)

CURRENT TRAINING: I love swimming, biking and running and I usually do each element 2-3x per week.  I'm also trying out yoga with the hope of alleviating injuries (I struggle with plantar fasciitis, ITB, and bursitis).  

THIS YEAR'S RACES: In 2012, I trained for a sprint, an olympic (My mentor buddies used Coors Light to motivate me.  Finish over three hours and I'd have to drink warm Coors Light.  Using that as motivation, I managed to finish in 2 hours, 59 minutes, 59.8 seconds.  Phew!), a Century (finished at Harpoon Brewery - does it get any better), a half Iron Man (when they handed me a cold IPA after crossing the finish line, I actually teared up) and I finished off the year with a half marathon (and rewarded myself with a juicy burger and a couple Octoberfests). 

2013 RACES:  This year, my goal is to get faster.  So, I plan on doing a couple sprints, an olympic, 2 half iron mans and a marathon.  For each PR, I plan on trying a new tasty beverage.  (I've got a chocolate stout in the fridge as a reward for finishing a New Year's Day 10K

BEER PREFERENCE: I will drink just about anything but my favorite styles are saison, gueuze, and IPA's.  I also make beer, and I've got an imperial chocolate mint stout on tap in the basement fridge.

WEIGHT LOSS: Last year, I lost 96 pounds.  Who knew that you could drink beer and lose weight?  It's all about moderation.  My doctor just told me that I need to get down to 165, so I have about another 20 to lose.  Let's do it together!

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: To be honest, I would not have been able to accomplish what I did in 2012 without the help of my awesome mentor (thanks DH) and fellow beer loving mentees.  I am so thankful, and I want to repay my debt by helping those who join this group to accomplish their goals.  I promise to check the forum everyday and I will do my best to answer your questions and cheer you on as you prepare for the 2013 tri season.  As a group, we will use beer to help motivate us to get healthier and happier and to put us in a good position to accomplish our goals and kick a little butt along the way.

PROST!!!

Edited by Qua17 2012-12-23 10:16 PM

2012-12-20 9:57 PM
in reply to: #4543109

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Open

Name:  Kevin

Story:  I am a fouth year endurance athlete.  I have a sports background in High school/college/us army in football/wrestling.  I started running marathons 4 years ago after watching the contestents on the Biggest Loser do it.  It motivated me to train for and run one myself.  The following year I ran 2 more, and then another my third year.  After my fourth marathon, I decided to commit to completing an Iron Man.  Last year I trained for my first triathlon, a HIM distance race.  Beer has been a huge motivator/curse as I was all the way up to 203 at one point.  I would like to continue to use as a motivator while learning a semblance of self control and drop 30 lbs by this fall.

Family Status.  I am Married to my wife Sarah (10 years) and we are expecting our third child this June.  We have two girls (7&3). 

Current Training:  Just started a 22 week marathon plan.  I am training for my sixth marathon and trying to go under 3:20:00 this year.  I am currently running at 22-25 miles per week and plan on increasing slowly 10% per week while increasing my pace per workout.

This Year's races:  Ran Bloomsday (12K road race) in undwer 53 minutes.  I ran the Windermere Marathon in 3:32:00, and finished my first Tri (Troika HIM distance) in 5:36:00.  I got down to 171 for the HIM, and would like to be down to 160 for this years HIM in September and 175 ish by May for the marathon.

2013 races:  Bloomsday (under 50 min.)  Windermere Marathon (3:20:00 or bust!)  and the Grand Columbian HIM distance.  (Looking forward to a challenging uphill course;  6:00:00 finish)  Setting up for IM in 2014.

Weight Goal:  Maintain a healthy balance between the enjoyment of life and healthy competition weight.  I'd like to walk around at 175 and compete at 160.  To do this, I need to find a better eating/drinking balance.  This is a yearly challenge, but am starting this year off at 188, as opposed to 203 a year ago, so already seeing a plus!

Looking forward to the comraderie of the group/ sharing eachothers successes/ forming accountability lines that will hold us on the straight and narrow for this year.

2012-12-21 9:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Sign me up for BDAS! Bio to come!
2012-12-21 10:39 AM

User image

Expert
Fallon, Nevada
Found it...bio will be added this weekend!  yeah!!!!!!
2012-12-21 7:35 PM

User image

Regular
Bearspaw, Alberta

Awesome!  I'm in!!

Name:  Kim

Story:  Last May I turned to my husband and announced we had to get into better shape.  We went through lots of random ways to find a fitter lifestyle when I discovered a local triathlon.  Thinking it was a HUGE stretch, we signed up for a Sprint race in September.  I should add here that I had never ridden more than a few kilometres in my life, didn't own a bike at the time and couldn't run.  I used to be a great swimmer but it had been many many many years since I had done that.  Despite all that, I managed to finish the Sprint in September and am totally hooked now.

Family Status.  I've been married for 13 years to my husband, Scott (Hoos around these boards).  We have 3 kids 6, 3, and almost 1.  I stay at home with the kids. 

Current Training:  Right now, my main focus is run training because I'm doing 2 half marathons this year.  I aim to run 3 times a week, bike twice and swim twice though my motivation to get my rear end to the pool leaves much to be desired.

This Year's races:  Banff Sprint Triathlon - sadly, it is my best/only performance but hopefully not for long.    I managed to finish in 2h 10m 32s.  My training was not what it should have been in advance of the race but I know if I can focus more on that this year, I can rock out my next races.

2013 races:  Disney Princess Half Marathon (February) - this will be my first half ever, no goal time for this one.  Tri-Diva-Tri (early-May) - this is just a tri-a-tri, I want to finish under 50 minutes.  Calgary Half Marathon (late May) - I'd really like to break 2 hours for this race but I'd be happy with 2:15.  Chinook Olympic Distance (June) - my goal is 3 hours, though this will be my first Olympic race but I'm much more dedicated to training now so I think I can do it.  There may be some other races added in there but we'll have to see how things are going before I'm ready to sign up for more.

Weight Goal:  I'd like to lose a bit of weight so I can have less of me to move around.  My main goal is to make healthy food choices and get moving and I hope things will take care of themselves.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

2012-12-21 8:42 PM
in reply to: #4543675

User image

Expert

Kevin, Thor, and Cynthia - Thanks guys for joining the group.  It's good to have you and I know y'all have a lot to add to the group not only in terms of knowledge but also in terms of your willingness to support others.  Kim doesn't know how lucky she is!

2012-12-21 8:51 PM
in reply to: #4544750

User image

Expert
Wiff - 2012-12-21 7:35 PM

Awesome!  I'm in!!

Name:  Kim

Story:  Last May I turned to my husband and announced we had to get into better shape.  We went through lots of random ways to find a fitter lifestyle when I discovered a local triathlon.  Thinking it was a HUGE stretch, we signed up for a Sprint race in September.  I should add here that I had never ridden more than a few kilometres in my life, didn't own a bike at the time and couldn't run.  I used to be a great swimmer but it had been many many many years since I had done that.  Despite all that, I managed to finish the Sprint in September and am totally hooked now.

Family Status.  I've been married for 13 years to my husband, Scott (Hoos around these boards).  We have 3 kids 6, 3, and almost 1.  I stay at home with the kids. 

Current Training:  Right now, my main focus is run training because I'm doing 2 half marathons this year.  I aim to run 3 times a week, bike twice and swim twice though my motivation to get my rear end to the pool leaves much to be desired.

This Year's races:  Banff Sprint Triathlon - sadly, it is my best/only performance but hopefully not for long.    I managed to finish in 2h 10m 32s.  My training was not what it should have been in advance of the race but I know if I can focus more on that this year, I can rock out my next races.

2013 races:  Disney Princess Half Marathon (February) - this will be my first half ever, no goal time for this one.  Tri-Diva-Tri (early-May) - this is just a tri-a-tri, I want to finish under 50 minutes.  Calgary Half Marathon (late May) - I'd really like to break 2 hours for this race but I'd be happy with 2:15.  Chinook Olympic Distance (June) - my goal is 3 hours, though this will be my first Olympic race but I'm much more dedicated to training now so I think I can do it.  There may be some other races added in there but we'll have to see how things are going before I'm ready to sign up for more.

Weight Goal:  I'd like to lose a bit of weight so I can have less of me to move around.  My main goal is to make healthy food choices and get moving and I hope things will take care of themselves.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Kim - Welcome to the BDAS!  So glad to have you in board.  It sounds like you had a great 2012 and congrats on finishing that Sprint in September.  It also sounds like you have some major plans for the upcoming year and I, along with the other members of the group, will do our best to support/motivate and hold you accountable so that you can have a great season.  

Question - is your hubby as hooked as you are when it comes to triathlon?  My wife and I had a similar experience as you guys did - we just decided that we needed to make a major change.  Her progress has been amazing and I am so proud of her - but I wish that she shared my passion for swimming, biking, and running (she loves to go to the gym on work on the elliptical).  If Scott is as into it as you - I've got to say I'm a little jealous. 

2012-12-21 8:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Illinois

Beer?  I'm in.  What was the question?  

I appreciate the camaraderie, fellowship, accountability, and feedback a group like this can bring, and I am looking forward to this group.

Name:  Charles

Story:  In February 2010, I was at 296lbs; my wife (then fiance) started going to the gym to lose weight for the wedding, and I followed along.  Long story short, I'm now down about 110lbs, to 185lbs, and I was in the best shape of my life 50lbs ago, and I've only gotten better since then.

A co-worker introduced me to cycling last year, and I logged about a thousand miles.  Triathlon seemed like a natural progression, and here I am.

Family Status:  Married, just passed our first anniversary, no children.

Current Training:  My current plan is set to go through March 1, when I plan to start something more focused on the s/b/r.  Right now, I'm lifting heavy three times per week, using spin classes to keep up my bike (my strong point), and I'm working on building base in the swim and run, which are terrible but slowly progressing.

2013 races:  I have two primary goals in mind for 2013:  Wisconsin Dells Rev triathlon on August 11 and  Chicago Triathlon on August 25; both are Olympic distance.  I also want to run the Chicago marathon, and I want to do a century ride.

Weight Goals:  I'm getting close to my goal weight, and I'm more focused on body fat % now.  Currently I am around 17%, and I would like to see 10%.  My next weigh-in isn't until February 1 though, since Christmas and my birthday, along with a vacation, all hit in early January.  

Strengths:  Cycling.  I love to ride.

Weaknesses:  Swimming and running!

Beer preference: While I can appreciate an IPA, and I have friends who are serious hop-heads, I'm cut from a darker, malty-ier cloth; dunkelweise, dopplebock, and the marzen styles are my preferences.  

What I hope to get out of this group:  I currently train by myself, and most of my friends and colleagues are not athletically-minded, so more than anything, I would like to get feedback from others with similar goals.  

2012-12-21 8:54 PM

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

I would like to join!  

Name:  Jared

Story:  Been working behind a desk for the last 6 years gaining weight the whole time.  This year I hit 235 the highest I have been and was miserable.  Decided it was time to do something so I started going to the gym.  Then one of my Park Managers told me about an event they were planning for next October a multi-sport race with a run, canoe/kayak, bike, and shotgun event.  I thought, that would be a great motivation.  Since then, I have found BT and really enjoy the great input and advice.  I am not interested in speed or placing first, just finishing at this point and getting in better shape.  Oh and I like beer!  Laughing

Family:  I have been married to the most wonderful woman for the last 5 years.  We have two kids both boys 5 and 11.  They keep us very busy with sports and school events.  

Training:  I am currently on the 5th week of the TriNewbie 10 week sprint plan.  I am doing the running and bike portion, but unfortunately don't have a place to swim.  I'm not brave enough to swim in the lake this time of year!  I had to take last week off due to being sick, but started back up today.  

This year's races: none

2013 races:  I am planning on participating in the Bataan Death March in March, the Milkman Sprint Triathlon in June, and the Master of the Mountain Race in October.

Weight Loss:  I am currently down to 216 losing it slowly but surely.  Going to try to get down to 175. 

2012-12-21 8:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL

NAME:  Alex

STORY: As a teen I did quite a bit of running and swimming for my school.  Every summer I would do a 20k race and some shorter ones.  Well that was a long time and a bunch of pounds ago.  In Dec 2010 I had 2 strokes and a minor heart issue.  The strokes were on the front right and rear right side.  I spent half a year with a walker.  March of 2012 I decided enough was enough and began to better myself.  Since then I have dropped over 20 lbs and run 5 times a week.  The doctor said the reason I was so lucky was due to my age (I turned 40 in May).  My 3 doctors gave me the thumbs up and my last checkup flawless! People really do get a second chance...this is mine

FAMILY: Married for 15 years to my wonderful wife Madelyn.  We have a 7yr old son, Jared, who is the cat's pajamas, hehe.

CURRENT TRAINING: I try to run 4-5 days a week.  Every other day I do some form of calisthenics.  Found a local pool that is heated so I will be starting to go few times a week.  I live in South Florida so I can be outside year round.

2013 RACES: Tour de Cape 5k run Jan 19th, Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Tri May 11th.

WEIGHT LOSS: Past few years due to medication I have struggled with a bunch of extra weight, at 237 currently.  Most of it has been cut out and it's time to get back to my normal 170ish.

2012-12-21 9:19 PM
in reply to: #4544793

User image

Regular
Bearspaw, Alberta
Qua17 - 2012-12-21 7:51 PM 

Kim - Welcome to the BDAS!  So glad to have you in board.  It sounds like you had a great 2012 and congrats on finishing that Sprint in September.  It also sounds like you have some major plans for the upcoming year and I, along with the other members of the group, will do our best to support/motivate and hold you accountable so that you can have a great season.  

Question - is your hubby as hooked as you are when it comes to triathlon?  My wife and I had a similar experience as you guys did - we just decided that we needed to make a major change.  Her progress has been amazing and I am so proud of her - but I wish that she shared my passion for swimming, biking, and running (she loves to go to the gym on work on the elliptical).  If Scott is as into it as you - I've got to say I'm a little jealous. 

Thanks!  I'm all for being held accountable.

And yes, Scott is signed up for 4 tris next year (2 sprint and 2 Olympic).  One of our biggest challenges is who gets to train at night since we only have one treadmill and one bike trainer - oh, and someone has to stay home with the kids.   Having someone in the house who is so on board is really fantastic.  We have different ultimate goals, I'd really like to do an Ironman in a few years but he says he isn't interested.  To be honest, I don't totally believe he'll always think that way but, for now, he's happy doing Olympics.  

Edited by Wiff 2012-12-21 9:20 PM

2012-12-21 9:36 PM
in reply to: #4544819

User image

Expert
Wiff - 2012-12-21 9:19 PM
Qua17 - 2012-12-21 7:51 PM 

Thanks!  I'm all for being held accountable.

And yes, Scott is signed up for 4 tris next year (2 sprint and 2 Olympic).  One of our biggest challenges is who gets to train at night since we only have one treadmill and one bike trainer - oh, and someone has to stay home with the kids.   Having someone in the house who is so on board is really fantastic.  We have different ultimate goals, I'd really like to do an Ironman in a few years but he says he isn't interested.  To be honest, I don't totally believe he'll always think that way but, for now, he's happy doing Olympics.  

Sounds like Scott would be the perfect guy to cheer you on as you head down the chute while hearing the words - Kim, YOU are and Ironman!

2012-12-21 9:55 PM
in reply to: #4544800

User image

Expert
jlangene - 2012-12-21 8:54 PM

I would like to join!  

Name:  Jared

Story:  Been working behind a desk for the last 6 years gaining weight the whole time.  This year I hit 235 the highest I have been and was miserable.  Decided it was time to do something so I started going to the gym.  Then one of my Park Managers told me about an event they were planning for next October a multi-sport race with a run, canoe/kayak, bike, and shotgun event.  I thought, that would be a great motivation.  Since then, I have found BT and really enjoy the great input and advice.  I am not interested in speed or placing first, just finishing at this point and getting in better shape.  Oh and I like beer!  Laughing

Family:  I have been married to the most wonderful woman for the last 5 years.  We have two kids both boys 5 and 11.  They keep us very busy with sports and school events.  

Training:  I am currently on the 5th week of the TriNewbie 10 week sprint plan.  I am doing the running and bike portion, but unfortunately don't have a place to swim.  I'm not brave enough to swim in the lake this time of year!  I had to take last week off due to being sick, but started back up today.  

This year's races: none

2013 races:  I am planning on participating in the Bataan Death March in March, the Milkman Sprint Triathlon in June, and the Master of the Mountain Race in October.

Weight Loss:  I am currently down to 216 losing it slowly but surely.  Going to try to get down to 175. 

Welcome Jared!  Congrats on making the decision to get fit and also for losing 19 pounds.  You're knocking on the door of the 20 pounds lost club.  Sure - it may be slow going but you are getting it done!

I did the trinewbie plan when I started and it really worked well for me and I hope it does the trick for you as well!  You've got plenty of time to get ready for the swim - is there a pool nearby where you can log some laps until it gets warmer?

2012-12-21 10:04 PM
in reply to: #4544843

User image

Veteran
New Mexico
Thanks! Unfortunately, the closest pool is 85 miles away.  I tried contacting the local hotels to see if they allowed people to use their pools, but none were willing to do so.  I am sure once April gets here, I will be able to get in lots of practice at the lake, and believe me I need it.  Went out of town this last weekend and realized I need lots of swim practice.  Thanks again for letting me join!
2012-12-21 10:08 PM
in reply to: #4544794

User image

Expert
mirthfuldragon - 2012-12-21 8:52 PM

Beer?  I'm in.  What was the question?  

I appreciate the camaraderie, fellowship, accountability, and feedback a group like this can bring, and I am looking forward to this group.

Name:  Charles

Story:  In February 2010, I was at 296lbs; my wife (then fiance) started going to the gym to lose weight for the wedding, and I followed along.  Long story short, I'm now down about 110lbs, to 185lbs, and I was in the best shape of my life 50lbs ago, and I've only gotten better since then.

A co-worker introduced me to cycling last year, and I logged about a thousand miles.  Triathlon seemed like a natural progression, and here I am.

Family Status:  Married, just passed our first anniversary, no children.

Current Training:  My current plan is set to go through March 1, when I plan to start something more focused on the s/b/r.  Right now, I'm lifting heavy three times per week, using spin classes to keep up my bike (my strong point), and I'm working on building base in the swim and run, which are terrible but slowly progressing.

2013 races:  I have two primary goals in mind for 2013:  Wisconsin Dells Rev triathlon on August 11 and  Chicago Triathlon on August 25; both are Olympic distance.  I also want to run the Chicago marathon, and I want to do a century ride.

Weight Goals:  I'm getting close to my goal weight, and I'm more focused on body fat % now.  Currently I am around 17%, and I would like to see 10%.  My next weigh-in isn't until February 1 though, since Christmas and my birthday, along with a vacation, all hit in early January.  

Strengths:  Cycling.  I love to ride.

Weaknesses:  Swimming and running!

Beer preference: While I can appreciate an IPA, and I have friends who are serious hop-heads, I'm cut from a darker, malty-ier cloth; dunkelweise, dopplebock, and the marzen styles are my preferences.  

What I hope to get out of this group:  I currently train by myself, and most of my friends and colleagues are not athletically-minded, so more than anything, I would like to get feedback from others with similar goals.  

Charles - I like you already.  The fact that you added your favorite beers to the intro post impressed me so much that I went back and edited my own bio.  While I'm not a huge fan of malty beers - I'd be willing to explore the style with you.  

You have a good year planned.  I did a Rev3 event in Maryland in October and loved it and I hear Chicago is a great race as well.  A few of us will be training for marathons this year in addition to our tris and I'm sure we can support each other.

2012-12-21 10:19 PM
in reply to: #4544802

User image

Expert
Burd - 2012-12-21 8:58 PM

NAME:  Alex

STORY: As a teen I did quite a bit of running and swimming for my school.  Every summer I would do a 20k race and some shorter ones.  Well that was a long time and a bunch of pounds ago.  In Dec 2010 I had 2 strokes and a minor heart issue.  The strokes were on the front right and rear right side.  I spent half a year with a walker.  March of 2012 I decided enough was enough and began to better myself.  Since then I have dropped over 20 lbs and run 5 times a week.  The doctor said the reason I was so lucky was due to my age (I turned 40 in May).  My 3 doctors gave me the thumbs up and my last checkup flawless! People really do get a second chance...this is mine

FAMILY: Married for 15 years to my wonderful wife Madelyn.  We have a 7yr old son, Jared, who is the cat's pajamas, hehe.

CURRENT TRAINING: I try to run 4-5 days a week.  Every other day I do some form of calisthenics.  Found a local pool that is heated so I will be starting to go few times a week.  I live in South Florida so I can be outside year round.

2013 RACES: Tour de Cape 5k run Jan 19th, Cape Coral Yacht Club Sprint Tri May 11th.

WEIGHT LOSS: Past few years due to medication I have struggled with a bunch of extra weight, at 237 currently.  Most of it has been cut out and it's time to get back to my normal 170ish.

Welcome Alex.  You're story is pretty inspirational.  Congrats on the recent checkup and for not throwing the towel in when things got tough.  

These mentor groups are great ways to stay motivated as you continue your journey to a fitter and healthier you.  

What a small world - my aunt and uncle live in Cape Coral.  I might head down there for spring break with the hopes of catching a few baseball games in Atlanta, Tampa, and Miami.  After a few months of cold and snow, I may need it.

2012-12-22 12:31 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Great to see all the new folks.  Looking forward to the group.  You ALL have very inspirational story's and I look forward to hearing/being inspired by your goals and journeys.

I got an 8 miler in today and will do a 6.2 miler tomorrow.  Todays long run pace was slacking, but tomorrow I hope to pick it up a little.  I got clearance to go out and watch my college team, UW, play in their bowl game tomorrow on TV at a local pub with many friends I haven't seen in a very long time.   I may be imbibing a little more than planned this month as I looked at their menu online.  Good times.

I may run Sunday as well and take monday off for family gift giving.  Funny how now days I'm thinking of how to fit workouts in around holidays.  Anyone else do that?

2012-12-22 6:01 AM

User image

Expert

Morning everyone!  I enjoyed a rest day yesterday.  This weekend's plan is to get in my long bike ride after getting back from some last minute Christmas shopping.  There's snow predicted for the late afternoon, so I might even be able to avoid the trainer and get in a ride outside.  Tomorrow, I'd like to fit in a short run and swim.  Another item on the to do list is to explore a place to do some yoga so I can do some stretching this winter with the of avoiding the bursiitis that plauged me at the end of last season.

What are everyone else's goals?

2012-12-22 7:56 AM
in reply to: #4544953

User image

Veteran
New Mexico

Good morning, going to get in my 40 min jog/walk this morning and then head south to visit family for the day.  Still working my way up to constant jogging, I am repeating week 5 of the trinewbie program since I didn't do anything last week.  Have a great weekend!

2012-12-22 9:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois

Good morning everyone.  

Today I hit the pool; it's brick day, which usually means swimming and then spin class.  I've been struggling in the water, mostly due to having no real experience, so I have been focused on getting the form right.  Today, I am happy to report, my flutter kick finally clicked into place - I was having difficulty keeping up the fast pace of the kick in relation (or rather, not in synchronization with) the freestyle stroke, and today things seemed to fall in place - good kick, plenty of body rotation in the breath pattern, and the stroke is feeling smoother than ever.  I'm very happy with it - 1,500 good yards.

All that kicking left me totally gassed for spin class though - so I coupled my best swim ever with my worst ride every Embarassed.

2012-12-22 10:59 AM

User image

Champion
Calgary
whoa, save a spot at the bar for me. Picked up a variaty 12 pack from Tree Brewing yesterday that included a rather disappointing Vertical Winter Ale. Had good reviews but why do they have to do it like that with the vanilla.

Formal bio, minor personal victories, confessions of past misdeeds etc. shall be forthcoming once I deal with various Christmas explosions.

2012-12-22 11:07 AM
in reply to: #4545145

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

BigDH - 2012-12-22 8:59 AM whoa, save a spot at the bar for me. Picked up a variaty 12 pack from Tree Brewing yesterday that included a rather disappointing Vertical Winter Ale. Had good reviews but why do they have to do it like that with the vanilla. Formal bio, minor personal victories, confessions of past misdeeds etc. shall be forthcoming once I deal with various Christmas explosions.

You never know what your going to get in the veriety pack.  There's always 1 or 2 that make you think twice about it.

Confessions, this I can't wait for. 

2012-12-22 11:10 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Way to get out and get your workouts in.  I'm still in my pajama's here on the left coast.  Wife went to the gym, so I'm waiting to get my 6.2 miler in so I can enjoy the game with a few malty styled winter beverages.  Brrrr... It's gonna be cold out there.
2012-12-22 11:48 AM
in reply to: #4545151

User image

Champion
Calgary
kevinbe - 2012-12-22 10:07 AM

BigDH - 2012-12-22 8:59 AM whoa, save a spot at the bar for me. Picked up a variaty 12 pack from Tree Brewing yesterday that included a rather disappointing Vertical Winter Ale. Had good reviews but why do they have to do it like that with the vanilla. Formal bio, minor personal victories, confessions of past misdeeds etc. shall be forthcoming once I deal with various Christmas explosions.

You never know what your going to get in the veriety pack.  There's always 1 or 2 that make you think twice about it.

Confessions, this I can't wait for. 

I actually bought it because it was the variaty pack. The 6 was 10 buck, the 12 was 17 and had 3 of the winter ale which is what I wanted. Ahhh, I mean it is fine I guess I had higher hopes.
2012-12-22 12:52 PM
in reply to: #4545185

User image

Expert

Congrats to all those who have already gotten their workout in today!

I just got back from my long ride.  I was going to wimp out and ride inside on the trainer because the temperature was in the mid thirties but then caught a picture of DH with ice covering his beard after his run this morning.  Shaking off the shame, I hopped on the bike and headed out and throughly enjoyed myself.  My biggest problem was the wind - there were actually times when I had to push on the pedels going down hill.  All in all, glad I did it!

More later.  I'm off to the local beer store for a tasting of one of my favorite breweries - Boulevard Brewing out of of Kansas City.  Should be good!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation Society - Closed Rss Feed  

of 97