BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 10

2013-04-26 6:50 PM
in reply to: #4715563

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
Subject: RE: Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED

First, BT has some great programs available, and I believe many of them are still free. Being able to import them into your blog may require a membership, but I think it is worth it.

As for should you use a plan, the short answer is yes. There is a lot that goes into writing plans. Periodization allows for your body to build and have cycles of healing too. Also they tend to make sure that the 10% rule is kept to keep from injuring yourself. I started my training almost 10 years ago on BT using the couch to sprint written by Ron. It did what I needed to show me the template of how to train.

Now BT has customizable programs available which can be fantastic. They allow you to set which days you do which sports and when to use long and short workouts. I highly recommend looking into them.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans-list.asp?h=1

2013-04-28 4:19 PM
in reply to: #4545059

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids

So the group has been quite as of late. I wanted to check in to see how everyone is doing. Now that we all have a few months of training logged, what are the big goals for the season.

I would like to PR at Cranberry in August. I have not put on good performances the last few times I raced, and last year I chose to defer to this year due to lack of training after my heart surgery. This has always been my big A race of the year, and I want to go big or go home.

2013-04-28 11:51 PM
in reply to: #4717993

User image

Anaheim Hills
I got nothing on the calendar until June 23rd; been increasing training distances to do the Olympic distance. Doing much better on the swim and bike but have been struggling with the run. Tough to get everything working right at the same time. I'm sure it will all come together. I noticed Annie's got her half marathon this coming weekend.
2013-05-05 5:42 PM
in reply to: #4545059

User image

Frugal Gear Geek
having fun with the kids
It was a race weekend and my RR is up if anyone is interested.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ontherun and gearing up-CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 10