General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Re-Intro Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-25 10:29 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pacific NW
Subject: Re-Intro

I've been on this site for a handful of years now.  And the awesome people and information here have pulled me through quite a few races including 3 Ironmans.  But oh what a difference a year makes.  I finished up my last Ironman back in Nov 2011, got pregnant a few weeks later, indulged in too many cookies for 9+ months, had my most perfect baby girl about 3 months ago....and here I sit weighing in at close to 220 pounds starting back at ground zero.  I guess I'm just posting this here to officially put it out there.  It's a bit daunting to think about losing so much weight and starting from the beginning all over again.  But I know the support here is fabulous.

My plan for the next month (gotta start in small increments):
* Start on my "couch to half marathon" training plan as of yesterday
* Continue with CrossFit or Bootcamp 2x/week
* Get back on the bike now that all of the bits are healed (sorry for the TMI)
* Buy a swimsuit that fits, suck it up, and get my arse to the pool

Looking forward to y'all keeping me in check!

ETA: Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by sarahk 2012-12-25 10:37 AM

2012-12-25 12:36 PM
in reply to: #4547535

User image

Owensboro, KY
Subject: RE: Re-Intro
Sarah,  stick with it.  You will be amazed at how quickly your fitness and figure will bounce back.  #nevergiveupyourdream
2012-12-26 10:27 AM

User image

Pennsylvania
Welcome back, Sarah!  Take nice little nibbles of getting back into the swing of a regular workout routine.  Too much too fast or too far will leave you hurt and/or disappointed.  Patience, grasshopper!   Best of luck to you!
2012-12-28 5:12 PM

User image

Seneca, South Carolina

Sarah: 

Don't let it bother you. It's not how many times you fall it's how many times you get up. I seem to start over every year. Still looking to make some big progress year to year. Sounds like you already have a good plan. Execute!

2013-01-03 9:44 AM

User image

Regular
Clinton, TN

Hi Sarah,
I applaud and thank you for your post. I have been having the same thoughts. But, I think there are a lot of us out there who have started living healthier and somehow fallen into bad habits. I turned 50 last year and life situations have caused me to stop exercising as I should. (really that is just an excuse)

A few years ago I was training regularly and entering 4 - 6 tris and year and 6 - 10 10k races, and I thought in pretty good shape. I realize I am getting older and my results will be altered. These days when I get dressed and notice the extra notch that has been added to my belt I need to access my situation also. I agree with starting in slow increments, but the most important thing is to start!

In short my goal is to keep a consistent training regiment. By doing this I will:
1. Have my clothes fit better
2. Eat better
3. Most important - feel better
4. Want to enter events again

And congrats on the birth of your daughter.

Good luck to both of us in 2013!

2013-01-05 10:32 PM

Regular
Conejo Valley
You just finished one event, having a baby, and are now onto your next event!  You can, and will, do it.  You know what it takes, but stay focused in the present and don't look too far ahead. Good luck and let us know how it is going.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Re-Intro Rss Feed