BT Development Mentor Program Archives » RFP GROUP 2013 - CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 41

2013-05-16 10:07 AM
in reply to: #4739176

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: RFP GROUP 2013 - CLOSED

Oh that sucks - I also waited til the last minute and if I had not put a reminder on my phone for last Monday I would have also forgot.  If you are looking for a nice laid back race you should check out the Rockford Tri on June 6 (I think).  Did it last year and was a nice small well run race.

gdelamora - 2013-05-12 11:02 PM

Tim - I was not able to register for Galena. I got caught up with work and tried to sign up to late. This never happens to me. Disappointed but I have put in a lot of work for this Galena Tri. Now I'll have to find me another race which should not be a problem. Best of luck!

2013-05-16 10:16 AM
in reply to: #4550197

User image

Expert

Simone - Congrats on registering for IMOZ! The scary part is over now just find a good plan, stick to the training, execute your race day and you will be an Ironman!  

KC - That is coming up quick.  Was that one of the races affected by the new time trial swim?  How is the IT band holding up?

Jen - good luck this weekend.  Glad to see you are back in the swing of things.  How is your Racine 70.3 training going?

Lori- Sorry to hear about your knee.  Hoping that the MRI comes out all clear.  Injuries can be so frustrating. Is this the same issue you have had in the past?

So I put in the new group request Laughing.  I agree with you Kathy, the spring session is so short and you just kind of get going into the season then they change  it up.  I will let everyone know when it goes live.

2013-05-16 10:27 AM

User image

Expert

First race of the season is this Saturday in Galena.  water temp is a balmy 61 (but in reality it is probably 55 since I really think they rig that number so people don't freak haha).

I am really curious as to how I feel racing...My training has been going "ok" but I think I just realized I am now using my last years training for IM as a baseline which is probably wrong to do.  I pushed myself at the pool yesterday and hit 12 x 100Y all on 1:34. This was almost what my pacing was like at my swim peak last year for IMWI, granted the effort was a lot harder yesterday, but I hit the pace for the workout so I am pretty happy and feel better going into Saturday.

My band played a private corporate event in Grand Rapids, MI last night and they ended up being Wolverine Worldwide Inc. who owns a whole bunch of shoe line - Saucony, Merrell, CAT, Wolverine boots.  Anyways they called me the morning of and asked our shoes sizes.  We had two cases of running shoes waiting in out dressing room haha.  They wanted us to wear them on stage so I got that pair and took a second pair - Merrell's Barefoot Minimalist running shoes.  Curious to see how they feel running.  This was the "Performance Group" event so the marketing lady introduced me to one of the design guys so I got to talk shoes and endurance racing for a while.  I was like a kid in a candy store haha.  And I though it was going to be just a boring shoe convention haha.

2013-05-16 3:41 PM
in reply to: #4744600

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Congrats Simone on getting in to IMOZ!! That will be great!

kruzmeister - 2013-05-15 7:57 PM

Hey Team,

Got some good news, I am officially signed up for Ironman Australia 2014! I am so excited!

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Tim - how did Galena tri go?

WTB - Good luck with your race this weekend, I know you will kick butt!

Is anyone else racing? Or has races coming up? My next one is a half marathon on the 21st July, started my 10 week running program for it this week. I'm already up to a 12 km long run, so I'm kinda half way there already.

2013-05-16 3:44 PM
in reply to: #4745151

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Tim - training is progressing! I'm a little behind because of missing a month of training but overall I can't complain. I'm not going to bother trying to make up the time I just want to be prepared for the distances and I'll be fine.

tmoran80 - 2013-05-16 9:16 AM

Simone - Congrats on registering for IMOZ! The scary part is over now just find a good plan, stick to the training, execute your race day and you will be an Ironman!  

KC - That is coming up quick.  Was that one of the races affected by the new time trial swim?  How is the IT band holding up?

Jen - good luck this weekend.  Glad to see you are back in the swing of things.  How is your Racine 70.3 training going?

Lori- Sorry to hear about your knee.  Hoping that the MRI comes out all clear.  Injuries can be so frustrating. Is this the same issue you have had in the past?

So I put in the new group request Laughing.  I agree with you Kathy, the spring session is so short and you just kind of get going into the season then they change  it up.  I will let everyone know when it goes live.

2013-05-16 3:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tim, good luck with your race this weekend.  I will be curious to hear how you handled the cold water.  Ha, Ha, you got new running shoes.  I guess doing a shoe convention does pay for itself.  

2013-05-16 3:46 PM
in reply to: #4745166

User image

Veteran
Boulder

Enjoy your first race of the season! Our water temp is supposed to be 68 (they took it twice) for this Saturday but I don't know if I should believe them. Wink

tmoran80 - 2013-05-16 9:27 AM

First race of the season is this Saturday in Galena.  water temp is a balmy 61 (but in reality it is probably 55 since I really think they rig that number so people don't freak haha).

I am really curious as to how I feel racing...My training has been going "ok" but I think I just realized I am now using my last years training for IM as a baseline which is probably wrong to do.  I pushed myself at the pool yesterday and hit 12 x 100Y all on 1:34. This was almost what my pacing was like at my swim peak last year for IMWI, granted the effort was a lot harder yesterday, but I hit the pace for the workout so I am pretty happy and feel better going into Saturday.

My band played a private corporate event in Grand Rapids, MI last night and they ended up being Wolverine Worldwide Inc. who owns a whole bunch of shoe line - Saucony, Merrell, CAT, Wolverine boots.  Anyways they called me the morning of and asked our shoes sizes.  We had two cases of running shoes waiting in out dressing room haha.  They wanted us to wear them on stage so I got that pair and took a second pair - Merrell's Barefoot Minimalist running shoes.  Curious to see how they feel running.  This was the "Performance Group" event so the marketing lady introduced me to one of the design guys so I got to talk shoes and endurance racing for a while.  I was like a kid in a candy store haha.  And I though it was going to be just a boring shoe convention haha.

2013-05-17 6:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Tim - enjoy your first race of the season. Hey I meant to ask you too, how has the Trainer Road work you did over Winter shape up your bike? I'm thinking about trying it myself for the next couple of months when the weather is inclimate. I really need to work on my bike it is woeful. My running and swimming will improve, but I am a little worried about the bike leg cause IMOZ is pretty hilly. I mapped out a 100km ride today which has some good climbs, but at the moment I'm at around the 40km mark on the roady. I've been thinking bout just doing some hill circuits closer to home to also help with my strength on climbs. Also I bought Don Finks book, haven't read through it yet, but I know you did his plan for IMWI so I'm interested in what you thought of that. I was planning on using a gold beginners plan from BT and modifying it, but I don't want to go in under trained. I know it's early days yet, but its never to early to panic, hahaha!!

I'm interested to hear how everyone elses IM training is going too, how have you found the volume, etc. and have you found your ave speed increasing just by default of the amount of training, etc.

2013-05-18 3:14 PM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey Team.

Hope everyone is safe and healthy. Tim - hope you had a great race today.

KC
2013-05-18 7:31 PM

User image

Expert
Highly recommend Trainer Road. It took my biking to the next level this year I think. I would suggest doing on of the training plans. They are 3 days a week but really focus increasing your power. i have done the Intermediate I and II.

Also highly recommend the Fink program. It is VERY simple to understand and for me took some of the stress out of the training. It is repetative but that is what makes it nice. Every day i knew what my workout was without having to go crazy trying to follow some plan that looks like a different language. I still actually follow it today in my training. Great plan for someone who is busy or stresses over the training.

Originally posted by kruzmeister

Tim - enjoy your first race of the season. Hey I meant to ask you too, how has the Trainer Road work you did over Winter shape up your bike? I'm thinking about trying it myself for the next couple of months when the weather is inclimate. I really need to work on my bike it is woeful. My running and swimming will improve, but I am a little worried about the bike leg cause IMOZ is pretty hilly. I mapped out a 100km ride today which has some good climbs, but at the moment I'm at around the 40km mark on the roady. I've been thinking bout just doing some hill circuits closer to home to also help with my strength on climbs. Also I bought Don Finks book, haven't read through it yet, but I know you did his plan for IMWI so I'm interested in what you thought of that. I was planning on using a gold beginners plan from BT and modifying it, but I don't want to go in under trained. I know it's early days yet, but its never to early to panic, hahaha!!

I'm interested to hear how everyone elses IM training is going too, how have you found the volume, etc. and have you found your ave speed increasing just by default of the amount of training, etc.

2013-05-20 4:46 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria
Tim - Thanks heaps, I'm definitely going to look into Don Fink's program, I am a bit like you and like things nice and simple. I also like the fact that it is a 30 week program and builds you gradually into your base etc. From the research I have done, I have heard nothing but good news from it. I think I will prob add in an extra ride or two a week early on, perhaps the trainer road stuff, as I really need to build some strength on the bike. I am still to have my, "oh crap, I've signed up for an Ironman, am I insane?!" moment yet, haha, but I'm sure it is coming.

Also do we know what is happening with the new group etc? I'm keen as, cause I definitely need you guys to help me over the line at IMOZ!

I am still trying to find my way around the new look BT site, how is everyone else finding it?

2013-05-20 9:49 AM

User image

Expert
Hey guys the new group is live as of yesterday it seems. I think we should start moving our conversations over there. Already have one new member Joe.

TEAM RFP
2013-05-23 10:34 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Regular
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » RFP GROUP 2013 - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 41