United States
50F / 10C
Overcast
Total Time = 25m 53s
Overall Rank = 517/2714
Age Group = F40-44
Age Group Rank = 16/201
Pre-race routine:

Leslie picked up all the packets on Friday so that was nice.

Parents picked me up and we went to L&J's house first. Left from there. No trouble getting there, found a good parking spot on the road not far from the bridge. I was a little behind since I wasn't expecting to drive so I didn't get to change shoes and put my number on in the car.
Event warmup:

None really because we were still in the porta-potty line at about 10 minutes before the start! Yikes - cut that a little close! I did a few strides in the parking lot and then made my way to the start (after a quick detour back to Dad and the kids to get my antlers).

I was WAY too far back. I was initially near Jason at about the intersection of the road with the bridge and the street the finish is on, but I knew that was bad. I weaseled my way up as far as I could, but I still wasn't even to the brige when the gun went off.
Run
  • 25m 53s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 19s  min/mile
Comments:

The run itself is fun, but it was SO frustrating having to weave around people who were walking. I know I was too far back, but walkers should start all the way in the back. I knew I should've just relaxed and looked at the pretty lights, but I still wanted to try for a reasonable time. At least they had chip timing this year.

It was WAY warmer than last year - possible 20-25 degrees warmer! I was actually hot in the middle (was wearing a short sleeve shirt under last year's long sleeve shirt and capris).
What would you do differently?:

Get there earlier and start WAY farther up. I think last year I started maybe a third of the way back on the bridge. This year, I wasn't even on the bridge. Next year, I want a costume that lights up.
Post race
Warm down:

Not much - walked the chute with Grace and then back around to where Dad and Eric were waiting.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Starting too far back and getting caught in traffic.

Event comments:

This race really is a lot of fun, but it has grown like crazy. Next year, I will get myself closer to the front or not run for time (yeah right...). They should consider corrals or waves or something though that would be tough to manage... Maybe just a runner corral and a walker corral.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2012-11-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:25:53 | 03.11 miles | 08m 19s  min/mile
Age Group: 16/201
Overall: 517/2714
Performance: Average
No splits - I think the first one was ~8:30...
Course: Nice loop through Seneca Falls - not too many turns, some uphill, but not enough to call it hilly.
Keeping cool Average Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes